Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

how is the north getting on up there

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D it's back again!

Where are you? Also, I want another star under my name. How much did yours cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

This may have been posted earlier, but has some nice shots from around Dublin. The Pearse St pic and the one from the N11 at Newtown Park Ave look great.

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Was heading to bed , turned off the laptop and went to pull down the blind ....

Guess what ....

Its bucketing down again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Back in Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Quiet you wrote: »
    Where are you? Also, I want another star under my name. How much did yours cost?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! im sorry but i just have to laugh!!!!!!! how much did urs cost? LOL HAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That buoy beyond howth has gone up again (1.6) If what I was told was true (i hope its not) thats not good for snow in Dublin, please let it be fluctuation

dacogawa wrote: »
    That buoy beyond howth has gone up again (1.6) If what I was told was true (i hope its not) thats not good for snow in Dublin, please let it be fluctuation

why what were you old and how would that effect us folk further south

I'll sell you my 2 stars & a rock that keeps tigers away, give me an offer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

snowing lightly here again but im expecting it a bit heavier going by thew raintoday yoke

• Advertisement

smokin ace wrote: »
    why what were you old and how would that effect us folk further south

I was told (on here) that that buoy needs to be at 0 for whatever is coming over the Irish sea to fall as snow, it has been jumping up and down all night, we'll hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Dublin 24 .....just got dressed n ready with Nikon to venture out n grab a few shots .....the stars .....nowt .....the more you post the more you get as far as i know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

weeder wrote: »
    snowing lightly here again but im expecting it a bit heavier going by thew raintoday yoke

i am pinning all my hopes on that aswell but it looks good with the streams coming down along the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Dark dirty looking couds comin in from the east (booterstown)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    Seems like a good bit is headin Dublins way from over leeds etc.

driffing south as it travels?
    kilkenny direct hit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Very consistant snow here in Dublin 16.There is at least 7 inchs in my back garden

I was told (on here) that that buoy needs to be at 0 for whatever is coming over the Irish sea to fall as snow, it has been jumping up and down all night, we'll hope for the best

with the jumping up and down could it be a faulty sensor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Horse_box wrote: »
    Very consistant snow here in Dublin 16.There is at least 7 inchs in my back garden

then come in out of the garden

I'll sell you my 2 stars & a rock that keeps tigers away, give me an offer :D

It all depends on how well the rock works. You dont give any details. What colour is said rock? Is it streamlined or built for sturdyness? Does it have speed holes? How many tiger miles on it?

Also, RobitTV...... Funk you and give me a star, you've got three you mean backstard.

• Advertisement

Horse_box wrote: »

Horse box is that horse $h1t ? I've just talked to someone in ballinteer & they said its 2 inches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

Apologies from the newbie, but any action due over Kilkenny tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Right......taking a t break and going out into the milky whiteness with my camera .....check back in a bit .....laters weatherphiles & ATCers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The buoy dewpoint would be fine at 1 degree or below in general. 1 degree is a good rule of thumb, I wouldn't expect much right along the east coast if the dewpoint were above 1.5 degrees. If you're more than 10km inland or higher up nearer the coast, then it's not so bad:)

The M2 buoy temperature was going to rise before it fell tonight, it should start falling from here on in. Watch this space!

Edit: maybe not *quite* here on in but over the next hour or two at worst I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

any idea what time it will hit kk ?.

argosy2006 wrote: »
    driffing south as it travels?
    kilkenny direct hit :D

It all depends on how well the rock works. You dont give any details. What colour is said rock? Is it streamlined or built for sturdyness? Does it have speed holes? How many tiger miles on it?

Also, RobitTV...... Funk you and give me a star, you've got three you mean backstard.

Well there haven't been any tigers near me for years so its working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Horse box is that horse $h1t ? I've just talked to someone in ballinteer & they said its 2 inches

2 inches sounds more reasonable. About 3 inches here, all of 3 KM from Kingston Green

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Dublin 24 .....just got dressed n ready with Nikon to venture out n grab a few shots .....the stars .....nowt .....the more you post the more you get as far as i know :D

I kind of figured that. I was doing my best to be whimsical man. You know, to impress all the snow bunnies.

Also, come over to rathfarnham. Buckets of snow coming down here. I'll trade you some for a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I shouldn't but I had to lol at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Dunny! wrote: »
    Stopped in Dundalk.

And again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement