Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Horse_box wrote: »
    Very consistant snow here in Dublin 16.There is at least 7 inchs in my back garden

Pics or I'm calliing major exaggeration. Only about 3 inches here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just went for a walk out here in Drumcondra, pretty thick snow everywhere, a good inch or two I'd say. Still snowing lightly too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

bassy wrote: »
    any idea what time it will hit kk ?.
    tomorrow morning 9-11 am, kk ideally places, inland just off coast,will fall as sleet on coast

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The rising DP means that you will more than likely be getting rain and sleet until the colder air comes in ,

Now thats if the DP at your location is also above 0-0.5,

In fairness in the forecasting thread this what they said would happen ,

an excellent analysis has been posted on the www.irelandsweather.com forum
    on 1291079876:
    18z Hires.

Fine line between snow settling and snow falling across the east.

Winds will be from a NE to E in direction at the surface and 850mb level.

Along the coast and at sea level, convective showers will continue for a time to be replaced by more general cloud and sleet. In the heavier bursts snow should fall but it will be wet snow and or mostly sleet. Surface winds are strong enough to bring in some modified air in across coastal areas stretching inland for about 4 or 5miles making things more marginal here. If you have some elevation within this region, wet snow will most likely fall. Hires is then predicting a rise in Dp levels from the NE to filter in for a time and make it more marginal even to inland parts of the east and NE but I think this is overcooking it slightly.

Beyond this area, snow should accumulate. The NMM is keeping to a general 5cm fall in this latest run to lower inland regions of the east in this event. Depths are considerably higher at elevations.

The current -7C 850mb temps will drop to -9C around noon and snow showers will resume along the east coasts once again pushing further inland. Accumulations are once again possible along the coasts also at this stage especially tomorrow evening.

Over NI and into parts of the N midlands, the front is progged to pep up and give some decent accumulations with 5cm and more. It then filters west and south giving a couple of cms in places.

This will be a nowcast from now on. Watch the Dp in particular and temps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Rougies wrote: »
    Pics or I'm calliing major exaggeration. Only about 3 inches here.
    bit like ME forecasts earlier :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

dacogawa wrote: »
    Well there haven't been any tigers near me for years so its working perfectly

So there's no miles on it? Deal. I'll trade you these magic beans i got off this bohemian lookin fella. He seemed legit.

Horse_box wrote: »
    Very consistant snow here in Dublin 16.There is at least 7 inchs in my back garden

You lying sack of horse box. I live in D.16 and theres half that at most. Lies made baby Jesus cry man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

big dong shaped percipitation on the radar at 1:45 just east of gorey :pac:

so whys all this seem to be missing gorey very marginally :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

weeder wrote: »
    big dong shaped percipitation on the radar at 1:45 just east of gorey :pac:

so whys all this seem to be missing gorey very marginally :(

it driving me nuts looking at it fly by or fall apart before it gets to us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

how far south are ya? im just near lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

enjoying this so much , decided to cook a little snack and watch the snow rolling in,

Still snowing heavily in Newbridge.

Temp now -2.9

dp -4.1

its snowing in camolin now its light enough but its snow all the same there looks to be a nice bit on raintoday coming my way hope it dont fall apart before it gets to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Quiet you wrote: »
    So there's no miles on it? Deal. I'll trade you these magic beans i got off this bohemian lookin fella. He seemed legit.

I'm not up for a trade, just cash, we should take this up on adverts.ie
    (I'm so tempted to go find the rock in all this snow & put an ad up)

P.S. who ever put all this white stuff in my garden could you come and remove it, I cant find my rock & it's really freaking the dog out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Right I'm getting very confused now, what is the most likely weather scenario for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

enjoying this so much , decided to cook a little snack and watch the snow rolling in,

Still snowing heavily in Newbridge.

Temp now -2.9

dp -4.1
    enjoy :),irish sea wont be long bringing alot in & im not looking forward to it with m2 dp,hopefully it will improve later but not looking good for the coast :(

Right I'm getting very confused now, what is the most likely weather scenario for Dublin?

We'll know when the next buoy report comes in or in 30 mins when that cloud hits the coast, hopefully lots of snow (touch wood)

this thread is gone very quite compared to earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

enjoying watching this unfold here.hope everyone gets a bit of snow.it got me to thinking about people living up hills and their problems with bad(good) snow events.2 questions. which poster is living at the highest elevation? what is the highest elevation of a permanently inhabited in house in Ireland?

dacogawa wrote: »
    I'm not up for a trade, just cash, we should take this up on adverts.ie
    (I'm so tempted to go find the rock in all this snow & put an ad up)

P.S. who ever put all this white stuff in my garden could you come and remove it, I cant find my rock & it's really freaking the dog out

I'm low on cash but how about a sexy dance of seduction lesson. I'm really quite seductive. If youre a guy the deals off though unless the dog comes with it.
    I was considering trying to sell some genuine Irish snow to the yankee doodle dandies on ebay.

its starting to get a bit heaver now
    COME ON SNOW FALL YOU FCUKER

• Advertisement

delw wrote: »
    enjoy :),irish sea wont be long bringing alot in & im not looking forward to it with m2 dp,hopefully it will improve later but not looking good for the coast :(

There is to be plenty tomorrow when the temps will be rite for you ,

Its still belting it down ,

The curragh will be epic fun in the morning !

Oh, its turned to that graupaly stuff in D.16 again.

I'm low on cash but how about a sexy dance of seduction lesson. I'm really quite seductive. If youre a guy the deals off though unless the dog comes with it.
    I was considering trying to sell some genuine Irish snow to the yankee doodle dandies on ebay.

this lad is already selling a load of it
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1731524

DEAL OFF!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

It all depends on how well the rock works. You dont give any details. What colour is said rock? Is it streamlined or built for sturdyness? Does it have speed holes? How many tiger miles on it?

Also, RobitTV...... Funk you and give me a star, you've got three you mean backstard.

LOL, you have to earn it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

With genuine Irish sheep droppings?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm afraid my temp here according to the car gives bad indications, was 3.0c by the sea a few mins ago, and 2.5c just now when I got home, 500m or so from the sea.

Hopefully falling snow or sleet will reduce the temp a bit, theres an awful lot of precip inbound off the irish sea now according to www.raintoday.com

richers86 wrote: »
    With genuine Irish sheep droppings?

i would not be surprised if some mental yank bought some genuine irish sheep droppings

smokin ace wrote: »
    this lad is already selling a load of it
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1731524

I've never had an idea that someone else hasn't stolen well before I came up with it. Its facebook all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Reassuringly though:

EIDW 300200Z 32007KT 9999 FEW008 FEW018CB BKN032 M01/M02 Q1016 NOSIG 10691099

Currently -1/DP-2 at Dublin, and runway closed (indicated by the 99 at the end).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement