Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

dacogawa wrote: »
    DEAL OFF!

Just like all the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Off to bed now. It's going to be a few hours, by about dawn, before the extra-cold air really digs in and reaches Dublin. I don't want to see sleet falling before I sleep:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 richardgreene

thank god for geeks..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The m2 buoy has gone to 3.0, that doesn't look good, lets all pray to the mighty god of snow that things turn, I'd say we've got 15 mins before it hits skerries/lusk so if theres anyone out there who sees anything please let us know, I'm sure we'll know in Dublin in 30 mins.

If it doesn't work out tonight it will be better tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Ouch, M2 buoy DP at 3.0 for 02:00 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

enjoying watching this unfold here.hope everyone gets a bit of snow.it got me to thinking about people living up hills and their problems with bad(good) snow events.2 questions. which poster is living at the highest elevation? what is the highest elevation of a permanently inhabited in house in Ireland?

I am fairly high here but am sure am not the highest ... man....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i was looking at that front up north it has really fell apart
    what do people think of that front in the uk going along liverpool manchester and leeds where with it hit here or will it fall to bits before it get here

RobitTV wrote: »
    LOL, you have to earn it

I'm up at half two in the morning posting gibberish. Does that not count as a hardcore boards.ie user? I've earned more then one star tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Long time reader, first time poster.

We have about twelve feet of graupel here in Rathgar, Dublin.
    I've no way of scientifically measuring it, but I've ventured outside and rubbed some graupel into my face, thighs and chest, and I'd say the DP is somewhere between medium and medium-rare.

It's fairly cold too. Somewhere between -5°C and -80°C, but that may be influenced by all the graupel I've rubbed on my bare, naked flesh.

Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Anyone care to predict snow, hail, sleet, rain or mushy combo of all four given the dramatic differnce in DP (-2 at the airport vs +3 at M2)?

Where's all the regular geeky weatherheads bar me gone to?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Quiet you wrote: »
    I kind of figured that. I was doing my best to be whimsical man. You know, to impress all the snow bunnies.

Also, come over to rathfarnham. Buckets of snow coming down here. I'll trade you some for a star.

What part of Rathfarnham are you in?! Hasn't snowed in my part for a couple of hours.

ciaranm wrote: »

I've no way of scientifically measuring it, but I've ventured outside and rubbed some graupel into my face, thighs and chest, and I'd say the DP is somewhere between medium and medium-rare.

It's fairly cold too. Somewhere between -5°C and -80°C, but that may be influenced by all the graupel I've rubbed on my bare, naked flesh.

Good night.

Hah, legend.

sdonn wrote: »
    Anyone care to rpedict snow, hail, sleet, rain or mushy combo of all four given the dramatic differnce in DP (-2 at the airport vs +3 at M2)?

Where's all the regular geeky weatherheads bar me gone to?!

Bed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I'm up at half two in the morning posting gibberish. Does that not count as a hardcore boards.ie user? I've earned more then one star tonight.

Suppose it does, Complain to boards.ie, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28 richardgreene

Give that man another star, made me laugh:)
    ciaranm wrote: »

Good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I see graupel, but they don't know that they are graupel...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

wednesday looks a good day for snow,just seen the bbc weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

WEB_sat_ir_irl.jpg

alwaysadub wrote: »
    What part of Rathfarnham are you in?! Hasn't snowed in my part for a couple of hours.

Just across the road from marlay park. Its just really light graupel stuff now though.
    Can I have one of your stars please?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

it falling nice and heavy here now nice big thick fluffy flakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

GRAUPEL AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rougies wrote: »
    Ouch, M2 buoy DP at 3.0 for 02:00 hrs

Maybe the warmer bit of air has arrived a bit earlier , and will clear off a bit earlier too !

137326.png

137325.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I Thougth dublin airport would of been Closed by now, the ATC are still on speaking, and A Plane is landing. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Just home to rathfarnham after flyin in to Dublin airport. I can report heavy showers of hail worsening as I travelled south. The m50 was suprisingly dangerous it really is in bad shape..... Road markings covered etc. The slip road was not a lot of fun I really fear for the state of the roads in the morning. Council must take a break for a few hours during the night I didn't see anyone out. Stay safe if you are driving in the morning.

Suppose it does, Complain to boards.ie, lol

The man never listens. Jim Corr is right, its the tin foil hat army against the world.

I Thougth dublin airport would of been Closed by now, the ATC are still on speaking, and A Plane is landing. :confused:

lol the pilots from Tallaght ........hardcore thrillseeker!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just across the road from marlay park. Its just really light graupel stuff now though.
    Can I have one of your stars please?

:eek: I'm just across the road from Marley Park!

Oh wait,i looked out a different window. I can see the snow now. :o

I had to post a lot of crap to get my stars. I'm keeping them.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Just home to rathfarnham after flyin in to Dublin airport. I can report heavy showers of hail worsening as I travelled south. The m50 was suprisingly dangerous it really is in bad shape..... Road markings covered etc. The slip road was not a lot of fun I really fear for the state of the roads in the morning. Council must take a break for a few hours during the night I didn't see anyone out. Stay safe if you are driving in the morning.

What about the jet ban? How long did it take you to get back from the airport? Don't make me call shenannigans.

Maybe the warmer bit of air has arrived a bit earlier , and will clear off a bit earlier too !

Does that not mean that its 0/-1 in Dublin and it will snow ?

• Advertisement

Vudgie wrote: »

They're on a permanent break most of the day!!! :D .......but the winds of change are blowing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement