Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Still falling in Gorey as dry sticking snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

its still coming down pretty hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Due to excessive laziness I've hooked my webcam up at the window so I don't have to keep climbing over my bed to look out. The side effect is I have it streamed (as I did earlier):

http://ncdweathercam.camstreams.com

No snow yet (if at all :( ) but chat available there too, PLEASE USE YOUR BOARDS.IE name when you get there if you're gonna chat. Maybe then boards.ie wont crash from constant refreshing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

M2 Dp3.0, good night

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Well it's raining and sleet, mostly rain, here in balbriggan

• Advertisement

Still falling in Gorey as dry sticking snow!!!

its great were getting some now the big smoke has been getting it most of the evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

LET IT SNOW!!!! night night x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

dacogawa wrote: »
    Does that not mean that its 0/-1 in Dublin and it will snow ?

There models on what people base there forecasts upon, its not exactly set in stone , but according to them the warmer pool of air should of been around the m2 buoy around 6 am but if its there now , thats not entirely a bad thing.

Just means it may be gone earlier , now Im no expert and thats just how I see it , one of the more seasoned weather members may care to make an observation.

EDIT ,

O , can i add that its been bucketing down snow for the last hour now in Newbridge

temp -2.5
    dp -3.6

Nothing happening in Drogheda.

I want a clear day tomorrow to be honest, so I'm hoping for some rain to wash the snow away. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Quiet you wrote: »
    What about the jet ban? How long did it take you to get back from the airport? Don't make me call shenannigans.

Took me about 45 or 50 mins after about 10 of clearing the car. Delayed only an hour and a half from Germany which is pretty impressive given the conditions. Bitterly cold over there and not a flake of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Co.Waterford: snow expected here Around 4am, Clear skys currently, Very very cold.

hrta wrote: »
    Well it's raining and sleet, mostly rain, here in balbriggan

Shag it.

RobitTV wrote: »
    Co.Waterford: snow expected here Around 4am, Clear skys currently, Very very cold.

the way the fronts are travelling you SHOULD get some but only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

It's more hail now than anything falling here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Nothing happening in Drogheda.

I want a clear day tomorrow to be honest, so I'm hoping for some rain to wash the snow away. :(

There will be plenty of snow tomorrow :p

Im so tired, but i have to wait till 4am until the snow comes,

i have no alarm clock either, "yawn"

dacogawa wrote: »
    Does that not mean that its 0/-1 in Dublin and it will snow ?

Right now, it's -1 at the airport and DP is -2. That's 3.5 miles from the sea at 68m/252ft ASL.

EIDW 300230Z 33010KT 9999 FEW018CB SCT032 M01/M02 Q1016 NOSIG 10691099

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

smokin ace wrote: »
    the way the fronts are travelling you SHOULD get some but only time will tell

Fingers crossed. My birthday tomorrow and I want a good peppering of snow. Anyone tell me how tostop getting email notification for every reply to thread? I've ticked about 3 boxes in user cp but nothing changing.

There will be plenty of snow tomorrow :p

Will there though? I don't understand the half of these numbers and words that are going around. I just keep seeing the word Graupel(?) pop up every second sentence.

C'mon rain... (or boiling hot sunnshine.. though I'd rather rain!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

eeeeeer eeeeeeer eeeeeeeer eeeeeeer eeeeeer eeeeeeer eeeeeer eeeeeer eeeeeeer eeeeeeeer eeeeeeer eeeeeer eeeeeeer eeeeeer

hows that?:D

• Advertisement

richers86 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. My birthday tomorrow and I want a good peppering of snow. Anyone tell me how tostop getting email notification for every reply to thread? I've ticked about 3 boxes in user cp but nothing changing.

when you are posting go to the bottom of the page where your typing and look for email notification and select no email notification

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im trying to do the same :/
    But its hard work, staying amused and quiet...
    Only an hour and 14mins to go..

smokin ace wrote: »
    when you are posting go to the bottom of the page where your typing and look for email notification and select no email notification

Excellent, thanks. Now back to snow talk :D

deise_girl wrote: »
    Im trying to do the same :/
    But its hard work, staying amused and quiet...
    Only an hour and 14mins to go..

Im gonna be so Angry if there is No snow at 4am, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28 richardgreene

Go to Quick links near top of page on right and choose "my threads", hopefully the ones you've posted on should come up and then you can select or deselect foar a number of options in a drop down list
    richers86 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

alwaysadub wrote: »
    :eek: I'm just across the road from Marley Park!

Oh wait,i looked out a different window. I can see the snow now. :o

I had to post a lot of crap to get my stars. I'm keeping them.

You are? Wanna play in the snow? My friends just wanna get drunk instead of playing in the snow. Worry not I say, drink while you play but my words go un-heeded.

Nobody is willing to share their stars. Its very un-christian. Makes my soul sad.

Go to Quick links near top of page on right and choose "my threads", hopefully the ones you've posted on should come up and then you can select or deselect foar a number of options in a drop down list

Thanks man. All good now.

sdonn wrote: »
    Right now, it's -1 at the airport and DP is -2. That's 3.5 miles from the sea at 68m/252ft ASL.

EIDW 300230Z 33010KT 9999 FEW018CB SCT032 M01/M02 Q1016 NOSIG 10691099

DUBLIN - IRELAND
    Latitude: 53°25'17"N - Longitude: 006°16'12"W.
    Magnetic declination: 4.29°W
    Sunrise: 08:15 UTC
    Sunset: 16:11 UTC
    Report emitted the day: 30, time 02:30 UTC
    Tuesday 30 November 2010 02:30 Greenwich time.
    Wind: True direction = 330 degrees, speed: 10 knots (19 km/h) (5 m/s).
    Minimum horizontal visibility: 10 km or more.
    Clouds: A few (1-2 oktas), at 1800 feet above aerodrome level (549 meters), cumulonimbus.
    Clouds: Scattered (3-4 oktas), at 3200 feet above aerodrome level (975 meters).
    Temperature: -1 degrees Celsius (30 Fahrenheit). Dewpoint: -2 degrees Celsius (28 Fahrenheit). Relative humidity 92.91 %. Wind Chill: -6 degrees Celsius (21 Fahrenheit).
    QNH (Sea-level pressure): 1016 hPa (30.00 inches).
    No significant changes expected in the near future.
    Runway state:
    Runway 10 (or 10 Left): slush, contamination 51% to 100%, deposit is 10 mm deep, breaking action figures are unreliable

Brilliant , an online TAF decoder !

http://www.flightutilities.com/MRonline.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

If i dont see some serious snow tonight i'll explode!
    WEATHER GODS WHY DO YOU MOCK ME!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

started to snow here and 5 mins later stopped. cant believe it travelled all the way from east england just to dy out b4 it got here. has to be some kind of sick joke:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement