Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

deise_girl wrote: »
    Im trying to do the same :/
    But its hard work, staying amused and quiet...
    Only an hour and 14mins to go..

looking at the charts i dont think it will reach you at 4am it will be more than likely late tomorrow morning are you looking at the raintoday charts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Quiet you wrote: »
    You are? Wanna play in the snow? My friends just wanna get drunk instead of playing in the snow. Worry not I say, drink while you play but my words go un-heeded.

Nobody is willing to share their stars. Its very un-christian. Makes my soul sad.

Lol you have to earn your stars! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Vudgie wrote: »
    Took me about 45 or 50 mins after about 10 of clearing the car. Delayed only an hour and a half from Germany which is pretty impressive given the conditions. Bitterly cold over there and not a flake of snow.

Fair enough. I'll leave out any calls for shenannigans for now.

smokin ace wrote: »
    looking at the charts i dont think it will reach you at 4am it will be more than likely late tomorrow morning are you looking at the raintoday charts

Fup that, Mystic Meg said I was going to get a nice surprise before 4am!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Positively balmy out there, no sno, just rain or sleet.

Thaw could be worse, still decent cover but drains well in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

FFS. Last update to the met.ie national forecast was at 1636, since that time their tv presenter has done a u-turn and they haven't even bothered to update.

MetEireann's boards.ie account, if you're reading this tomorrow - you're useless ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

OK, we have sort-hail falling in D4 not rain, update soon, it looks good (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You are? Wanna play in the snow? My friends just wanna get drunk instead of playing in the snow. Worry not I say, drink while you play but my words go un-heeded.

Nobody is willing to share their stars. Its very un-christian. Makes my soul sad.

Pretty much.
    I'm too warm and comfy to move now. It sounded like it was more hail than snow falling-not nice to be playing in.
    If i had 4 stars i'd let you borrow one, but i've only 3.don't wanna break them up.

Fup that, Mystic Meg said I was going to get a nice surprise before 4am!

***** SURPRISE*****

now you got your surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

According to my uneducated yet sublime knowledge of cloudology, snow is immenemenat to Dublin north side,

• Advertisement

Positively balmy out there, no sno, just rain or sleet.

Thaw could be worse, still decent cover but drains well in action.

You still have 6 minutes - you promised me cooler temps and snow from 3am. ;)

Lol you have to earn your stars! :cool:

But I want them now. I'm stamping my feet in all that graupal thats falling here incase you wanted an image to go along with my childish whimperings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Currently have about 8 inches here in my part of Dublin (.... ;)), though I do live at the foot of the mountains. Love the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heavy graupel now falling, looks like the 2c is out to sea isn't enough to stop it and it is falling as graupel 500m from the coast in sandymount

But I want them now. I'm stamping my feet in all that graupal thats falling here incase you wanted an image to go along with my childish whimperings.

Shhhh, you're seriously offending/upsetting the Greek God of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

If Dub Airport is ti be believed, snow should still fall there and in inland Dublin, but i find its recording very low.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

After getting just over a good hour of solid snow it has now stopped and Im off to my nest !

Still no action in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Just for you ......
    3105719461_3e7e05092b.jpg

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Pretty much.
    I'm too warm and comfy to move now. It sounded like it was more hail than snow falling-not nice to be playing in.
    If i had 4 stars i'd let you borrow one, but i've only 3.don't wanna break them up.

Did nobody ever tell ye three's a crowd?

I was just out in it. Its light haily kind of stuff. Hopefully some good stuff will land soon.

• Advertisement

would anyone like to comment on the front thats currently at Manchester and liverpool heading for us will it bring much of the fluffy white stuff when it crosses the pond

WC do you have a weather station where you are, if so what's your DP? Portmarnock right?

Shhhh, you're seriously offending/upsetting the Greek God of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Jim Corr says he's only a bit player. Uses snow to distract from serious national issues to do with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

missed the feckin last shower in gorey was reading somthing else :rolleyes:

sdonn wrote: »
    WC do you have a weather station where you are, if so what's your DP? Portmarnock right?

I actually don't would ya believe.

I am guessing it's 2.2 / 0.8 though!

Check out Howth and Artane stations here
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Just for you ......
    3105719461_3e7e05092b.jpg

I knew all the stuff everyone says about you on that secret thread was lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

it's getting heavy sleet here now and the wind has really pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Just found A Webcam in dublin, Some guy Is broadcasting it from his window, http://www.ustream.tv/channel/quaycam

Good bit of snow on the footpath,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm in Clonskeagh and all we've had since 11pm is rain / sleet. No expert, but the temperature seems to be fairly higher than it was over the weekend too.

Looks like that's all she wrote lads! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

One inch in Athy
    Just stopped
    nice

Edit

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement