Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take the nuts to it approach and rest my weary bones.
    Smell ye later nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

RobitTV wrote: »
    Im off to bed Guys, horribly tired, Goodnight and if it Snows i shall report back, Goodnight and enjoy ur snow. And wish it will be knee-deep tomrrow lol :)

Night man ......hope ya wake to see a whiteout!!! take care.

Snowing here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Smell ya lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Quiet you wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take the nuts to it approach and rest my weary bones.
    Smell ye later nerds.

Peas out!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

RobitTV wrote: »
    lol this Thread has gone really quiet...

It's snow deprivation. Terrible affliction. The only known cure is rapid freezing and large, puffy flakes of powder snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm in Clonskeagh and all we've had since 11pm is rain / sleet. No expert, but the temperature seems to be fairly higher than it was over the weekend too.

Looks like that's all she wrote lads! :(

I'm in Goatstown and we've had snow/graupel since about 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

no dont go!!! now this thread will be dead :'( Owwww now my tear has frozen to my face

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm in Goatstown and we've had snow/graupel since about 11.

Have you had much new lying snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Near whiteout conditions here and looks like an hour or two more to come.....near Enfield. Temp is -1.5 and DP is -4. no driving in the morning, thats for sure!!!

highdef wrote: »
    Near whiteout conditions here and looks like an hour or two more to come.....near Enfield. Temp is -1.5 and DP is -4. no driving in the morning, thats for sure!!!

Nice, looks good for youse for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Quiet you wrote: »
    Why do i think youre pretty?

God knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Have you had much new lying snow?
    The path that runs across the green of the estate has been recovered having been quite grey and mushy when I was coming home from college earlier. There is probably about 2 inches of snow cover out there

Now as the main band (occlusion) hits tomorrow any precip will readily turn to powder snow as the morning progresses and very cold and dry air will push in behind the front, which origins from Siberia. From Tuesday afternoon any showers will consist of snow or snow grains and will stick to pretty much anything. There will be decent showers of snow hitting the east coast right up until Thursday afternoon.

This still the big picture for tomorrow, do you think, or has it broken down altogether at this stage?

sdonn wrote: »
    This still the big picture for tomorrow, do you think, or has it broken down altogether at this stage?

Snow showers to sea-level from circa 11am today for 48 hours.

Should be decent accumulations during Tuesday night especially right up the east coast and shouldn't be any worries about temps:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Sounds like this could end up being like that massive freeze back in the early 80's...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Consistant snow fall here in Leixlip, no sign of a let up either according to sat24 :D

woohoo heavy snow and lighting in Ashbourne

Web_radar.gif

Meath, Kildare getting hit very heavily I'd say from that. M2/M3/M4/N7 are going to be hell tomorrow morning and evening, and anywhere not gritted will be fantastic fun ridiculous :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

snowing in leixlip and thunder and lightning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Just heard the most unmerciful bang outside...woke me up it was so loud! Scary stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Massive thunder just woke me and my dog in ashbourne.. she's standing guard. Frightened me!

Massive thunder just woke me and my dog in ashbourne.. she's standing guard. Frightened me!

In Rath lodge here lights went out then came back. what part of ashbourne ya in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

No thunder but very light snow in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

andy_g wrote: »
    In Rath lodge here lights went out then came back. what part of ashbourne ya in?

Right in town.. can see killegland from my window. Saw street lights coming back in when I looked out

lights flickered before the thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Snow banging off the window here in Ardcath east Meath. Not going out to measure it, bit it woke me up.

Lightning nearby, towards Enfield. Pretty loud thunder, Snow is so so so so heavy now! Temp is -0.7 with a DP of -3.1

GFS proggs potential for 20-25cm of powder snow along the east coast from 11am until 6am Thursday with no let up in showers for eastern areas. Will be a case of localised areas doing amazing while some other areas escape with just abit. Very interesting few days.

whatever way it is working, i have got virtually no precip all night even though showers having seemingly moved overhead according to the radar. Tracks seem to be moving more east to west now.

• Advertisement

Sat TV is breaking up now, the snow is so heavy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement