Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

snowing here , first time since saturday night , falling onto my 1 1/2 inch lying frozen bit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Nothing here in Co. Galway. What is it like in the east? Heading for airport this morning? Any update there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Started snowing here about five mins ago. Literally went from clear sky to snowing within ten minutes. Ground frozen so it's gonna be fun in the morning on the roads here....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

M2 DP has dropped to 1.7...down from 3.1 an hour ago and back to what it was at 1am.

Whether that's because there's no cloud over it any more, or because colder air has hit there, I can't tell. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

suitseir wrote: »
    Nothing here in Co. Galway. What is it like in the east? Heading for airport this morning? Any update there?

even though im off work tomorrow i know that dub is closed until 0500z best check with your airline :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

andy_g wrote: »
    even though im off work tomorrow i know that dub is closed until 0500z best check with your airline :)

Thanks. Flying at 11 so I guess best to head there anyway and go for it¬

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

yeah your better off to be on the safe side if you dont turn up and the flight is cancelled you wont get compensation/refund

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

big flash of lightning in leixlip but couldnt hear thunder, lightning seemed very close though, baffled!

That band of snow over the midlands has got more organised and is heading west southwestwards. It looks like it will clip east Galway, down through north Tipp and into east Clare if it hold it's strength . Went from a light dusting to a covering in ten minutes and it's still coming down steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

Haven't seen snow of this depth since I was a kid. I just want to point out that I've always lived by the sea so seeing snow reaching up to the first step out in the garden is quite something else for me!!! temp - 0.1, DP -2.1. No driving tomorrow. Well stocked up in advance though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

That band of snow over the midlands has got more organised and is heading west southwestwards. It looks like it will clip east Galway, down through north Tipp and into east Clare if it hold it's strength . Went from a light dusting to a covering in ten minutes and it's still coming down steadily.
    yeah im getting quite exited now, looks like were in the firing line, was clear for most of the night here but the moon and stars have disapeared now so hopefully it'll start snowing soon.

There it is!!! started snowing now:D

Getting heavy now and sticking very well

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Very heavy here with big gusts, was due o be leaving for work but its not happening!!

Wife said we had some thunder but never woke me :)

location, Approx 8km between navan & Kells

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Any of that midland snow gonna hit Limerick?? *Praying it does* :D

Mc Love wrote: »
    Any of that midland snow gonna hit Limerick?? *Praying it does* :D

If you are in the city, I think you need to pray hard as it may just miss you to the north. You might get a few flurries. With a bit of luck the band might have enough strength to get down to you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks Force11 - i hope the latter part of your statement comes true

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Not snowing in D.14 but just saw some lightning!

Roof of the gazebo just caved in from the weight of the snow on it....dammit, knew I should have cleared it off yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Was woken up by an enormous crash of thunder - seemed to be directly overhead. Alarms going off here. Looks like another 2 inches has accumulated on top of what we had already so maybe about 4 inches on ground here. Radar is weird - how come only meath and the midlands are getting the brunt of this?

More lightning just there!!

Thunderstorm approaching from the north east the past 20 minutes or so. getting pretty close now. I'm close to enfield and Kilcock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Woah serious thunder and lightning now.. any new snow gas melted off rooftops too since 4am

Snow is dying down now, left a nice white blanket on the ground:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

fresh snow has fallen in portarlington,co laois

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

two pilots have reported lightning strike to aircraft bout 5miles from dublin, crazy weather they said, :eek:

Lightning seen. Still hammering down and drifting in the breeze.I guess we've about three inches or so but will do scientific measurement later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

thunder and lightning here in Celbridge.Freaky all the clouds seem to be to the left of the moon with no gaps in them while the right of the moon has barley any clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Almost similtaneous thunder and lightning in Dunboyne. Nice blanket of white aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Soby wrote: »
    thunder and lightning here in Celbridge.Freaky all the clouds seem to be to the left of the moon with no gaps in them while the right of the moon has barley any clouds

What's the snow sitation in Celbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Soby wrote: »
    And you saw the whole of the moon,

• Advertisement

Now less than 10 seconds between lightning and thunder. Slight flurry of snow now. i have a sneaking suspicion that it's gonna get a LOT heavier VERY soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement