Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Snow coming thick and fast in tinahely. Electricity went down for shory time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

vibe666 wrote: »
    we're metric now, you might find that it's actually only 10cm. :p
    I won't argue :o

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i live in rathmines and need to travel to baldoyle to work..whats the roads like to travel to this distance....i go through christchurch into the city past busaras and out the malahide road..is it worth the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

I've got 10 inches :D

Be careful how you phrase your sentences or you people will think you're not talking about snow!

thegame wrote: »
    i live in rathmines and need to travel to baldoyle to work..whats the roads like to travel to this distance....i go through christchurch into the city past busaras and out the malahide road..is it worth the risk?

I'm in Kildare with bursts of snow and flashes of lightning here and there but going by current weather conditions in Dublin, I'd say you;ll be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

snow looks like its now taking a turn for Limerick! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

highdef wrote: »
    Be careful how you phrase your sentences or you people will think you're not talking about snow!

meh.ro5863.jpg

;)

More thunder in Dunshaughlin, sleet coming down now though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

SnowY32 wrote: »

Come on snow! :D

It was meant to look that way,someone asked who's got 10 inches,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

I work in Lexlip.
    Roads are so bad my company just told me it's too dangerous to drive all the way home so they're putting some of us up in The Carton House:D:D:D:D
    God bless health and safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

SnowY32 wrote: »

Maybe, just maybe

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

No additional snow in Dublin 3 but sounds v windy out there. Must be a bitterly cold wind and conditions prob v icy out there. South city sound a lot worse than north.

Damn, my sarcasm was so dry that it appeared that I was being serious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just witnessed a 4x4 think it was a hilux jeep, career down the hill out side my house, foot on the brake and just slid for 100yards into a lampost. Occupants look ok, pride just took a beatin i'd say.

Jesus lads slow down i don't care what you drive, you haven't a hope out there it treachourous, its starting to bucket down again. Back in 10 mins off to check eldery couple next door, God help them they are terrified feel stranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What's it looking like for the east coast for the next few hours? Is the heavy snow still on course for the afternoon?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

No fresh snow here in Waterford since Saturday. We can only hope for that system over Wales now to push over the Irish Sea and give something. Looks like Dublin have been pasted all night long, lucky you ;)

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

gally74 wrote: »
    Snowing in galway

FINALLY!!! Just seen my first few flakes on the west side of the city!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

smurra3 wrote: »
    I work in Lexlip.
    Roads are so bad my company just told me it's too dangerous to drive all the way home so they're putting some of us up in The Carton House:D:D:D:D

No way are Intel doing that for ya!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Well the snow is gone from the cars here in Drogheda :(

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

This muck will clear during the morning, cold Siberian air is tucked in behind it. proper snow showers back by 12ish.

Hi Weathercheck, what is your confidence level on this for areas near the coast such as the city centre of Dublin ? Is this likely to see actual snow instead of sleet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Had a great night sleep last night, knowing I'd wake up with 10 inches.... not the 10 inches I was hoping for... alas, looks like met eireann put the mockers on the weather again

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

WEB_sat_ir_irl.jpg
    Any chance this is the Dubs 10 inches headng stright for Galway?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

I work in Lexlip.

You're taking the piss, right? I suppose they'll throw in a free game of golf while they're at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Finally athlone has snow, about an inch over night and still snowing whoo hoo:D

I work in Lexlip.
    Nice bit of advertising there

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

I'm in Kildare with bursts of snow and flashes of lightning here and there but going by current weather conditions in Dublin, I'd say you;ll be fine[/QUOT

just drove my car to the top of rathmines and turned back from home..car slid twice..im not taking the risk..back to bed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

flanzer wrote: »
    Had a great night sleep last night, knowing I'd wake up with 10 inches.... not the 10 inches I was hoping for... alas, looks like met eireann put the mockers on the weather again

Yeah my dad said lots of snow forecast and I said to him, ah they're always wrong. And they are, I think after hurricane Charlie they just cover themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Don't think so flanzer, some areas might not have got it, but we certinally did its bedlam outside my front door, joys of living on a main road on foothills of Dublin mountains. We have a good 6 inches, higher than the kerbs so footpaths have become roads and vica versa. Company has also closed for today on advice of AA, roads to dangerous for rear wheel drive Transits. Intel putting staff in Hotels as are Hp, info i'm getting from a Garda friend is the Airport is having a check a 7am, runways are packed with slush and have had some trouble with lightening.

So did you wake up with some sort of 10 inches??? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Don't think so flanzer, some areas might not have got it, but we certinally did its bedlam outside my front door, joys of living on a main road on foothills of Dublin mountains. We have a good 6 inches, higher than the kerbs so footpaths have become roads and vica versa. Company has also closed for today on advice of AA, roads to dangerous for rear wheel drive Transits. Intel putting staff in Hotels as are Hp, info i'm getting from a Garda friend is the Airport is having a check a 7am, runways are packed with slush and have had some trouble with lightening.

The airport is open. A plane just took off there around 10 minutes ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement