Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

More lightning to my north! Just missing most of the precip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

What's the story for south Dublin is there anymore on the way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

highdef wrote: »
    So did you wake up with some sort of 10 inches??? :p

But got out of bed and it became 6 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Jingle bells,jingle bells jingle all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Inbox wrote: »
    Yeah my dad said lots of snow forecast and I said to him, ah they're always wrong. And they are, I think after hurricane Charlie they just cover themselves.

They made it very clear on the nine news forecast that up to ten inches would only happen in mountain areas in the east.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

flanzer wrote: »

lol - You're a gifted man! Another flash of lightning to my north two minutes ago. I think it;s about to settle down, however, going by the radar

I'd put it away,the lightning might hit it

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

The airport is open. A plane just took off there around 10 minutes ago

Im sure it is, they are watching the situation, some mention of lighting striking the runway and slush and ice on runways. Its amazing how 1 part of the city gets a lashing and the other misses out althoughter. It snowed solid for 5 hours here, stopped bout 530 and just started in the last 15mins or so again. 3 cars in tips on the hill outside my door already, and as far as i can make out nothing is making it up Kiltipper hill.t

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

careful on these roads..

Very poor conditions on Rathgar Rd and throughout Rathmines. Particularly dangerous along Grand Canal between Harolds Cross Rd to Grove Rd.

Have to collect the mother in law at 9 to bring her to our house for the day,think its far to dangerous for me to risk my life to collect her. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

the Airport is having a check a 7am, runways are packed with slush and have had some trouble with lightening.

If the airport is closed, it's because they didn't do the work overnight. I was there at 05:30 dropping a friend off for an early flight, one of the transatlantic 330's got in, and what precip was coming down around that time was very wet, and not much of it. The road cover was very light and very wet underneath.

I passed the snow base and there didn't seem to be much activity at all, given that they were due to start serious operations in just over an hour, I would have expected to see some activity at that stage, but most of the snow clearing equipment seemed to be parked up still.

There were problems with lightning cells around midnight for the late arrival flights, and I would expect a few issues this morning as well, there were certainly a few good flashes around, and the cloud generating the lighning is low level, so harder to avoid for arriving and departing aircraft.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The chances of having a snow day are looking slim to none :( Damn I regret not going back to sleep an hour ago now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

They made it very clear on the nine news forecast that up to ten inches would only happen in mountain areas in the east.

I think it was the 6 o'clock weather, then they backtracked significantly. 3 hours in between the broadcasts and the picture from them changed alot. Dan them to hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'd put it away,the lightning might hit it

I will find a hiding place for it. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

does anyone know what Bray is like for snow have to try and get in to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I will find a hiding place for it. Xx

Leave it out lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Well no snow made it to the NW coast :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

well i have 2 very happy campers her 7 and 4 delighted to wake up to loads of snow:D but the wind chill out there is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

here's a pic from outside my bedroom window about 30 minutes ago.

th_schnow_30-11-10.jpg

not exactly 10-12 inches, but it's bad enough. won't be going far today unless it's on a rescue mission. :)

weather reports just now on RTE are telling everyone to stay at home unless its an essential journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Make that 4 crashes and a Dublin bus stuck half way up killinarden hill with his arse of the bus sticking across the road. The number 50 bus. Still snowing here nice and steady, feel sorry for anyone who has to go out and drive in that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Where is all the snow????
    Met eireann got it wrong again... Perhaps they could step in and run the country instead..... Muppets...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

HEAVY Snow in Galway, best morning surprise EVER!! :D

We're damn lucky!!! Hit by this single band: http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Watch it yerself:
    http://www.galway.net/about/webcam/

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Ah man its raining now, gawd damn it, i want snow not rain! :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

Where is all the snow????
    Met eireann got it wrong again... Perhaps they could step in and run the country instead..... Muppets...!

well they didnt get it wrong where i am loads of snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

woke up here in Louth expecting my 8 inches of snow instead I find the snow we had almost gone. now there's something not right here met eireann are so consistent when it comes to getting it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

By the looks of that band tracking towards the west, Galway will be in for a lot of snow this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Around 3-4 inches of snow here, Wind is picking up aswell. Not safe at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Also in Louth. Stuck my nose out the back door and I think there might be a bit of a thaw on.

Isn't that consistent with what some of the guys on here predicted with it getting colder again from this afternoon on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Lots of streamers forming in the sea on the latest radar.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Getting a lot of hailstones here for the last half hour in templeogue, south Dublin. Wind has picked up a good bit now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement