Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just waking up to a horrible rain/sleet mix in Tallaght.
    There still about 4inches of lying snow but it could soon be gone if the rain keeps up.
    Yuck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Garseys wrote: »
    Around 3-4 inches of snow here, Wind is picking up aswell. Not safe at all!

Garseys where in Tallaght are you, im up Kiltipper and its mental out. People are starting to leave there cars at the entrance to ellensbourough, cant get up the hills and a bus has half the road blocked. Seems alot of people missed out, but they got the forecast spot on for our area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Raining here in celbridge now

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

strong easterly winds and rain +3c

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Morning all. Well after a windy night here in rush, I had a look out the window when I woke up and all the snow has completely disappeared. In fact there snit even a hint of frost/ice outside. The windscreen on my car is completely clear.

Driving to Blanchardstown for work, so will see what conditions are like as I travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,515 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Maps and soundings are showing deeper cold air rapidly moving across the Irish Sea and people should expect volatile conditions this morning, a wedge of milder air was pushed west by the stronger winds (the Irish Sea is after all 12 deg C) but the unstable nature of this situation at present will create highly volatile squall bands with hail and eventually snow at low elevations, while further inland it remains all snow with some hail mixed in -- but should stress that conditions may change rapidly especially for anyone contemplating travel, and you could run into very heavy squally precip anywhere in the eastern counties this morning. A lot of thunder and lightning is likely to develop also due to this highly unstable profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Garseys where in Tallaght are you, im up Kiltipper and its mental out. People are starting to leave there cars at the entrance to ellensbourough, cant get up the hills and a bus has half the road blocked. Seems alot of people missed out, but they got the forecast spot on for our area.

Belgard Heights, yeah its pretty bad out there, even with the rain/sleet mix its not gonna clear that snow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Snowing again in portarlington now its getting lighter it appears we had a good bit over night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Temps rising in the west as well now, -5.6c around midnight, Now closing in on the 0c mark. Wonder if it is clouding up here in South Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Up near Killinarden in Tallaght - 4 or so inches, couldnt get the car out of my estate, one managed cos I saw the tracks but I dont know how. A van couldnt get out either.

A car abandoned near around the road there at Kiltipper too.

• Advertisement

Make that 4 crashes and a Dublin bus stuck half way up killinarden hill with his arse of the bus sticking across the road. The number 50 bus. Still snowing here nice and steady, feel sorry for anyone who has to go out and drive in that.

where are the crashes pokerface_me?

Anyone know what Blanch is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

blanch has al;lot of snow, it's milder than expected.

a quesiton - will it or could it get cooler as soon as that cloud cover disappears during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Misticles wrote: »
    Up near Killinarden in Tallaght - 4 or so inches, couldnt get the car out of my estate, one managed cos I saw the tracks but I dont know how. A van couldnt get out either.

A car abandoned near around the road there at Kiltipper too.

Misticles, its very bad at the moment any more snow up here and its going to grind to a halt. My main fear for people is that those who do get out to work, might not get home if we get any decent showers during the day, its not melting here, new snow is sitting on top of old stuff and with more forecast its going to be dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

paulocon wrote: »
    Also in Louth. Stuck my nose out the back door and I think there might be a bit of a thaw on.

Isn't that consistent with what some of the guys on here predicted with it getting colder again from this afternoon on?
    i am near dunleer , deffo a thaw on , i am on a farm , drinkers that where frozen yesterday are thawed out :) deffo not 10 inches of snow as we where told , i dont think we got any during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Snowing in Galway city for last half hour i.e. since I awoke!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Seems to be raining in Lucan now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

did i hear rain?

btw, any one read the rte weather up dates, just read this one

0715 A colleague has just arrived in, looking cold and flustered, thinking he was due on the early shift. You should have seen his face when he realised he wasn't due in until 1pm. Ouch

now that sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

On the carlow kilkenny boarder here and just got another inch or so, saturdays snow (4inch) hadn't gone yet(or the inch and a half of ice on the roads) anyone got a helicopter? Running low on chocolate biscuits! Nearest shop only has ginger nuts left :-o

blanch has al;lot of snow, it's milder than expected.

a quesiton - will it or could it get cooler as soon as that cloud cover disappears during the day?

For a commuter from Dunshaughlin, is it forgoable or best not to?

Misticles, its very bad at the moment any more snow up here and its going to grind to a halt. My main fear for people is that those who do get out to work, might not get home if we get any decent showers during the day, its not melting here, new snow is sitting on top of old stuff and with more forecast its going to be dodgy.

I'm back in bed!

I agree though, people going to work may not get back and may severely injute themselves too trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Tiny bit of snow falling in Limerick (Castletroy) very light dusting on car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Misticles wrote: »
    For a commuter from Dunshaughlin, is it forgoable or best not to?

QUOTE]

simple answer - the main roads are absolutley fine and treated. at +3 there is no issues. I drove to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

There was heavy snow and graupel in Castlekncok D.15 Last night. Some sleet in the past hour but I think it will gert much colder later with more snow.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

wolk up to thunder and rain,looks like about 2" snow nearly gone rapid thaw on lashing rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

mymo wrote: »
    On the carlow kilkenny boarder here and just got another inch or so, saturdays snow (4inch) hadn't gone yet(or the inch and a half of ice on the roads) anyone got a helicopter? Running low on chocolate biscuits! Nearest shop only has ginger nuts left :-o

time to make an attempt to the bigger shops??

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Sleeting/raining on and off over night in phibsborough. Looks like it's thawing a bit also. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

it's raining

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Snow in Ennis in the past 45min. Road and footpath covered. Was staring to feel very left out, so glad we finally got some!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Is that the end of it for dublin south ? certainly appears to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Great a bucket load of snow in Sallins overnight:) and still coming down

• Advertisement

pokerface_me, would it be bad if not worse around old bawn towards bohernabreena area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement