Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Heyes wrote: »
    Anyone ?

Plenty of snow forecast later for Tallaght and Dublin Mountain region, what part of south dublin you in. Some parts got nothing last night, but where i am is at a standstill, all buses cancelled and power gone in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Serious Cloud Building, Please let it snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Anybody's school in Dublin closed? roads look a death trap here in D11 but haven't heard anything from my school :o

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Its chucking it down in Galway now!!! Lovely stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

Is there any snow heading to Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

stay out of the school/college if you think the roads are not safe, i'm staying out due to one of my teachers trapped in west cork. well i think she's trapped.

nice weather system travelling along the midlands at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

As they always say, the surprise snow is the best! Went to bed not expecting much and just woke up to at least 2 inches of fresh powder. That big area of precip on the radar is soming straight over me.:D
    Near blizzard conditions here now.

edit...Galway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Whiteout on the way here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

School in Old Bawn Closed, not sure of the name though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Snowed in KK town for about 20 mins coming up to 7am. Just enough to coat the thawed portion of the back garden but not enough to disguise the green of the grass. Our school bus isn't running and if Steve isn't driving, no one should but this now means a long day of playing, "Heeere's Johnny!" with me and the kids. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maps and soundings are showing deeper cold air rapidly moving across the Irish Sea and people should expect volatile conditions this morning, a wedge of milder air was pushed west by the stronger winds (the Irish Sea is after all 12 deg C) but the unstable nature of this situation at present will create highly volatile squall bands with hail and eventually snow at low elevations, while further inland it remains all snow with some hail mixed in -- but should stress that conditions may change rapidly especially for anyone contemplating travel, and you could run into very heavy squally precip anywhere in the eastern counties this morning. A lot of thunder and lightning is likely to develop also due to this highly unstable profile.

Sounds truly awful.. ( West Cork; still thin, lying snow and bitter icy wind)

We "should" be at market today but no way; roads are too bad etc.

HOPING for respite as we have a big Craft Fair at Cobh on Sunday and missing that would be a financial disaster.

Our thunder phobic collie was in distress last night; thankful for valium for her.

Was on the phone to BC earlier and an audible gale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Met eireann, what a joke. Woke up to Less snow than yesterday. 20cm......classic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snowing in Waterford city watch live @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

so greedy in waterford! will ye send some to cork please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Just had a heavy graupel shower, no sign of a thaw...yet

St Martin de porres school in Aylesbury tallaght closed, as is old bawn and st mauelruins. Just for anyone that has any school going children. All buses cancelled and better off just staying in and letting the kids enjoy the snow. Forecast is shocking for here later, 6 inches on the ground now, will easy make 10 inches with another downpour or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

tony1212 wrote: »
    Is there any snow heading to Limerick.

There is some heading your way...

www.raintoday.co.uk

I think!!!!

i hate you :( bring some snow up here ? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Wind picking up here now, sign of some percip perhaps. Reports of snow now 5km's to my south and also 10kms to my west.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

St Marks in Springfield pokerface_me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Snowing in Waterford city watch live @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

you beat me to it. relieved to have made it into work, any substantial snow can wait til I get home.

St Martin de porres school in Aylesbury tallaght closed, as is old bawn and st mauelruins. Just for anyone that has any school going children. All buses cancelled and better off just staying in and letting the kids enjoy the snow. Forecast is shocking for here later, 6 inches on the ground now, will easy make 10 inches with another downpour or 2.

can't believe that Tallaght is 30 mins from where I am, yet I haven't seen a flake since yesterday evening !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

about 5-6 inches on the ground here in Athlone...nice surprise for the kids (and it is still snowing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Can people please stop slating met eireann. Some places have got snow but because it didnt snow in dublin it means it didn't happen at all:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Met eireann, what a joke. Woke up to Less snow than yesterday. 20cm......classic

And other people reporting six inches fallen since last night already.

Welcome to the world of snow showers in Ireland where it doesn't snow everywhere.

And we woke up to 6 inches and everything at a standstill, Thanks Met Eireann your forecast was spot on gave me ample oppurtunity to get grub in and kids sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Welcome to the world of snow showers in Ireland where it doesn't snow everywhere.

people don't seem to realise it's a forecast. its not written in stone - its impossible to be a 100% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think people are getting their inches and centermeters mixed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

Scoil carmel and Scoil Treasa in Firhouse both closed:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Can people please stop slating met eireann. Some places have got snow but because it didnt snow in dublin it means it didn't happen at all:mad:
    Ye but they forecast it for dublin and it never happened!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement