Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McFly

Options
  • 28-11-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Not my cup of tea at all but ya really gotta give them a big thumbs up for ticket prices

Playing The O2 March 14th, tickets start at €18.95

Surely the cheapest gig at The Point so far

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea was surprised when i seen the price on Hotpress.com so i double checked MCD and was shocked at the price. Sure you would rarely see tickets that low for smaller shows like the Academy or Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Musically they wouldn't be a band I'd ever listen to or particularly like, but they are a good group of lads. Anytime I see them on tv they're always enthusiastic and happy to be doing what they're doing, you can see that every year on the Toy Show.
    I saw them at the V Festival last year, they played first on the main stage and really kicked off the day nicely. They put in a good effort and were quite funny at times too. 19 quid for anyone in the O2 is good value, I'll be heading to this one for sure. Fair play to them on the pricing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

They put in a good effort and were quite funny at times too. 19 quid for anyone in the O2 is good value, I'll be heading to this one for sure.

Are you for real? Jesus you should be ashamed to admit that, 19quid or FREE and playing in my back garden, wouldnt go see this BOY band!(and I use the term band loosely)!

They are BUSTED mark II!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

HBK wrote: »
    Are you for real? Jesus you should be ashamed to admit that, 19quid or FREE and playing in my back garden, wouldnt go see this BOY band!(and I use the term band loosely)!

Well as I said, I'm not really a fan, just thought they put on a great show at V Festival, I think the O2 is a great arena and for 19 quid its excellent value. I won't be getting up at 9 am to get my ticket or anything though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wish I saw them before they all growed up on us. Don't like the new stuff but those ticket prices are a steal. I got my sister a ticket to see them last year or the year before it was about €40. She's going to see them again with her friend because it's so cheap but she doesn't like the direction they've taken either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That Party Girl song is really catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

not really a massive fan of their new stuff really.
    been a fan since the first single, saw them three times so far.
    all three are my top three gigs ever, and i've been to quite a few!

they put on such amazing shows, so if you're a fan or not, its definitely worth going. especially for such the low ass prices! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭clairey__Ox

Any one know why the Dublin dates are not showing up on Ticketmaster?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Any one know why the Dublin dates are not showing up on Ticketmaster?:confused:

Don't worry it is on ticketmaster, tkts on sale this Sat 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

***question answered***

• Advertisement

Got offered 2 crappy seats in the o2 presale, didnt take them, gonna wait for saturday and see can i get better tickets.

did anyone manage to get standing? seems they have only a small area for standing in the o2 for this concert

• Registered Users Posts: 86,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The tickets are priced very low and McFly are quite a big band I thought anyways :confused:

Ahh I was raging to see that the seated ones were the 18 quid ones! They standing ones are 40!
    And the standing area seems VERY small..just me?

Ahh I was raging to see that the seated ones were the 18 quid ones! They standing ones are 40!
    And the standing area seems VERY small..just me?

heya i was shocked to see that this morning aswell, i couldnt get any standing tickets in the presale, i was given Block P, i didnt take them though, thought the price for standing was a big increase on the seated ones, the standing is small, similar to what is been used for the katy perry concert, so these standing tickets will be like gold dust no doubt, looks like i'll have to settle for seated on saturday.

gutted, just try my best for standing on saturday, thats all i can do,

did u have any luck yourself?

shocksy wrote: »
    heya i was shocked to see that this morning aswell, i couldnt get any standing tickets in the presale, i was given Block P, i didnt take them though, thought the price for standing was a big increase on the seated ones, the standing is small, similar to what is been used for the katy perry concert, so these standing tickets will be like gold dust no doubt, looks like i'll have to settle for seated on saturday.

gutted, just try my best for standing on saturday, thats all i can do,

did u have any luck yourself?

Well I didn't bother trying to get them in the presale! I've tried for the script and kings of leon, but got nothing in both, then on the morning of general sale I got them!
    Ill just give it a go on saturday, probably go for standing and see what my lucks like, if not scramble back for some seated!:pac:
    I saw them the last time they were over in Simmonscourt and they were brilliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

HBK wrote: »

If they was Busted, I would go. I was very young when Busted were around, and in my naivety was one of their loyal little followers. I'd go just for the nostalgia. :o

Mcfly on the other hand, meh. That said, fair play to them, because as was previously said, they could probably sell out the place with €40 tickets..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Got 2 tkts for my daughters this morning, no problems.

2 tickets got this morning for the brother, 2 standing, no hassle at all, tickets still available, obviously not as popular as they once were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

Went to book my tickets on ticketmaster this morning and they wanted 42e for standing, incl. booking fee. No way in hell i'd pay that! I feel cheated with these 20e seated tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Can't wait for this gig. Got myself a standing ticket; and a nice small standing area too so hopefully not too much pushing and shoving..This'll be my nineth time to see them live, needless to say they put on an amazing show!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bren2001 wrote: »

April 4th you mean?

this video definately shows the pure talent that these guys have! for all the haters out there who think they're nothing but a commercial pop band.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3AoO5A274

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

Hey, Can someone help me.. I brought my little sister to see them in the O2 Dublin on April 4th and when we arrived the O2 staff took pictures of us with our signs and said they would be put up on-line. Do you know where they are???

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

try 02blueroom.ie, that is of course if they were taken with the O2 angels.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Taz1 wrote: »
    this video definately shows the pure talent that these guys have! for all the haters out there who think they're nothing but a commercial pop band.

McFly are a really underrated band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

gzmdmc wrote: »
    Hey, Can someone help me.. I brought my little sister to see them in the O2 Dublin on April 4th and when we arrived the O2 staff took pictures of us with our signs and said they would be put up on-line. Do you know where they are???

Probably here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Taz1 wrote: »

They are a commercial pop band???? Nothing wrong with that of course.
    Good cover of a classic song on the youtube clip, BUT they are wearing sunglasses indoors, which is a FAIL from me......
    I still cannot understand why musicians think wearing sunglasses indoors makes them "cool". They just look like a bunch of twats.....

What would be your definition of a commercial pop band??
    To be honest it doesn't really bother me when people diss them because I know that they have gained alot of respect from talented musicians such
    as Roger Daltrey and Brian Maye, both of whom they've dueted with, as well as their millions of fans worldwide. (They're touring Japan at the moment after just coming back from South America).
    And I would have agreed with you to a certain extent that glasses shouldn't be worn indoors-, before they started to become more of an accessory (like a necklace or scarf) than bein worn for their actual use. Its also a bit narrow minded if ya judge someone by what they wear - its too much of a problem with people in this day and age. But thats just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

i saw them before ther bloody brill! i would do anything to see them again lol!

Advertisement