Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPF Distinctions Today

• 28-11-2010 11:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Submitted a panel at the IPF distinctions today for the first time. Passed and got my "L"'s :)
    Have to say it was a great day out watching the judging of all the panels - L's, A's and one F. Some amazing shots and really interesting to see the judges in action, especially on the A's where feedback was given on most of them.

42A61BD24BFF43D280E99013A5A27A76-0000320339-0002053751-01024L-A8EC9AC53C2945969E84B6B9F7AF14E3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Congrats.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Huzzah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Nice one, well done.

I was hoping to get down today to support the folks from our club but events conspired against me, sorry I missed it, agree it's an interesting day out, especially if you're not waiting on a verdict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Whoooop! Good Job and congratulations!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Well done. Nice panel there, you deserved to get through.

I know the debate and how many feel about distinctions etc. but it is nice to know that you can apply yourself against a standard and meet it.

Welcome PnBLIPF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Well done :)

Might give it a go at some point when I'm more confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Congrats P&B, well deserved, hope you had a safe trip home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Well done, I wouldn't fancy doing this myself, doing my driving test years ago was bad enough!
    The kid in bottom left I'd like to see a BW version, he looks like he could be from the 30s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Congratulations Denis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

well done P&B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Well done young fella! Or maybe not :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

as said elsewhere nicely done - congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Well done. Some really nice images. Always a nice feeling when you get your "L". I won't forget mine.

Big things expected from you from now on. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well done and have to say its a lovely panel. Great work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Congrats Denis. Lovely panel.

What exactly do these letters do for you?

Just a curious question, as I don't know much on it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Cheers.

I suppose you could use it to your advantage when advertising to potential clients.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

What exactly do these letters do for you?

Just a curious question, as I don't know much on it tbh.

Short answer - Diddly Squat!

Long answer - the letters themselves mean nothing and I won't use them after my name. I've no interest in commercial photography, it's purely for my own pleasure. I do however, like a challenge. I'm a bit of a sucker for formal tests/competitions/assessments etc.
    For example, in my other hobby (shooting) I trained to be a coach and passed both exams to get to be a Level 2 Trap Coach. Not that it did anything for my shooting but it was a challenge I set myself and was delighted to pass and get the qualification.
    Likewise with the LIPF. I saw it as challenge to be able to produce a panel (albeit to a formula), have it assessed and pass the grade. It's just another achievement for me, another feather in the cap or whatever.
    However, it means as much to me as getting a TOTD over on Pix.ie or posting a pic here in the random thread and getting loads of thanks. Doesn't mean anything in real life but gives me a lot of pleasure.
    I understand that a lot of photographers have no time for L's or A's or F's and the IPF and that is their prerogative. I on the other hand, am an active member in my local club and I like the whole club scene. I like the monthly lectures and the monthly competitions and the outings, and without them I'd probably have no reason to print some of my photos.

So to sum up, getting the L yesterday was a personal achievement for me - no more, no less.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.

Personally I think it's worth more if you do it for yourself, not to please others anyhow ;)

Like little mini challenges to keep us going.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

Nice one & congratulations.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Very smart panel Denis, well earned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

well done denis!!! :D

lovely set of shots. dare i say it, a bit more interesting than some panels you see. each one its own ickle story, like. congrats again!!!

Advertisement