Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gur Cake in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I'll be heading to Dublin tomorrow and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where you can actually by a slice of Gur cake in the city centre?
    I've not managed to spot one down to earth bakery in Dublin and I've been there every Monday for nearly 2 years now! Can anyone help me out?
    I'd just like a big lovely piece of Gur Cake and anyone who knows where I could grab some, I'd be very grateful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Lornen wrote: »
    I'll be heading to Dublin tomorrow and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where you can actually by a slice of Gur cake in the city centre?
    I've not managed to spot one down to earth bakery in Dublin and I've been there every Monday for nearly 2 years now! Can anyone help me out?
    I'd just like a big lovely piece of Gur Cake and anyone who knows where I could grab some, I'd be very grateful!

I know Dunnes do a 4 pack so be worth checking out, Also there's a bakery on Meath Street that do it, on the opposite side from the Liberty Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Luke G wrote: »
    I know Dunnes do a 4 pack so be worth checking out, Also there's a bakery on Meath Street that do it, on the opposite side from the Liberty Market.

I've never seen any Dunnes stores here in Sligo that do Gur cake, will definitely look into that. cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There is also a bakery on either North Earl Street/Talbot that does them. They call it Chester Cake but I think it is the same thing. Much nicer than the dunnes crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

anewme wrote: »
    There is also a bakery on either North Earl Street/Talbot that does them. They call it Chester Cake but I think it is the same thing. Much nicer than the dunnes crap.

is that the tea time express shop beside easons?

Advertisement