Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing footie jersies

• 28-11-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Well I am getting lazy in old age! I used to scrub the muddy ones by hand then put through a wash cycle. Pressed for time last weekend, I just put the whole lot into a 30 degree wash 'mixed load' . Sadly lot of mucky stuff came back. These are white ones and the manager is not happy bunny :(

Please advise as to best cycle to use! would a higher temperature be the answer? or do I go back to the auld scrub ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Jesus Annie that's a fair hard question now. I'm wracking my brains here for that bit of trivia. As a hint may I ask whether the jerseys are a pristine White ala Real Madrid, a simple one dominant color jersey, e.g Blue or red or a horrible mash of inappropriate colours similar to Carlow GAA jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Sorry for posting in 'trivia' but could not see a footie forum? Anyway it seems like a 'trivia' subject to me? :)

They are mainly white though getting elderly so verging to grey and not helped by muck sections. There is navy trim and navy shorts are washed separately. I used basic wash powder a la Lidl or Aldi... maybe I need something more fancy?

Annie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Give us and auld hint - what are they med ou' of? Is it plashtic or cotton? What's the auld wash label say about max temperatures and bleach? Jaysus, why am I asking these questions, sure isn't it my job to dirty 'em an' your job to wash 'em? For fecksake the world is gone mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

To be honest Annie we really haven't a clue. You couldn't have chose a worse forum. Its fairly dead in here.

I'd advise buy Daz whites because if its half as good as the PR it'll be great stuff. Maybe ramp the temperature up to 45 or 60 and let us know how you got on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There's no real secret, you have to chuck them in straight after the match. I wash my soccer stuff properly but my cycling gear I can't use detergents for as it can cause sores so these go in striaght away. Hope this helps.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Thanks for replies folks! I give up after four more washes in machine and also a prelim soak in Milton bleach. I rechon the kit might have been badly washed previously and this might have 'set' the stain. What with the weather, they have not been used again so no feedback from de manager!

Advertisement