Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil - Clonakilty

Options
  • 28-11-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi all - I'm thinking about getting my granny some heating oil as an x-mas present. She lives in Clonakilty town.

So my questions are
    1. Who's best/reasonable
    2. Is there a minimum amount they deliver
    3. Will they accept telephone order & visa payment
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions you contribute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

There's a company in Dunmanway (about 15 miles from Clon) that we have used called D Oil, E200 will get you about 275 litres of oil . . . they accept credit card over the phone as well.

023 8845417 is the number if you don't have luck with anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I recommend West Cork Oil. Reasonable prices and very reliable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Isthisnecessary

I was with West Cork Oil for YEARS and was so disappointed at their lack of professionalism in dealing with a complaint that I left them. I had asked them not to use the driveway, so as to avoid damaging it as it had yet to be surfaced. Normally, they would fill from the road. This time, I came home to see clearly the marks of the lorry and a big pool of oil to boot.
    Mistakes happen, but it was the owners attitude "we sent an engineer out and he couldn't see anything wrong" that was shocking. I had photographic proof of the damage and, if tehy were sending someone out to inspevt teh damage, they should have come when I was at home, and not entered my property when I was not there.
    Had the owner (if she was the owner-she always answered the phone and when I asked to speak to her supervisor she told me she was the owner) apologised and given me a discount on teh next fill, i might have stayed with them but considering how much money I had paid to them over the years, their customer service was appalling frown.gif

Advertisement