Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc repair?

• 29-11-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Little mans smackdown on xbox360 has got scratched. Is there any place I can get this fixed or shall I just buy another one? Thanks in advance.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Try those cleaners in Game and the like, i've heard they work wonders.

Also try installed the game to the HDD, might help out depending on how bad the marks are

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

You could try cleaning it with those cloths that come with glasses.. Failing that on the dashboard you can install the game to your harddrive.. then you just need the game in the drive to get the game started.. if that doesn't install someone you know might have the game and you can use that to install it on your Xbox hard drive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks all. Will give installing a go.;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Smyths Toys used to do it, worth a shot if you have one nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

My game got the "perfect circle" scratch when i stupidly knocked the xbox when the disc was in it

Would the above apply for this type of scratch too?

Also would i be better off bringing it into Game or getting a disc repair kit

I tried gamestop but they said they dont repair discs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Disc Repair Kits aren't up to much. Game and Smyths do repair, most of the time the "laser burn" will work to a point that the game will install on the second or third attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

My game got the "perfect circle" scratch when i stupidly knocked the xbox when the disc was in it

Would the above apply for this type of scratch too?

Also would i be better off bringing it into Game or getting a disc repair kit

I tried gamestop but they said they dont repair discs

Prob is beyond repair, copy the game to the xbox hard drive, it was my only solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

treatyman wrote: »
    Prob is beyond repair, copy the game to the xbox hard drive, it was my only solution.

How do i go about doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Same thing happened to me a while back.The repair thing I found generally don't work if its a perfect circle scratch.Best thing to do is rent the game out or get a loan of it from some one,install it on the hard drive(press y on opening menu to play game and option to install will come up), and then you'll be able to use the scratched disc to boot the game on the console as after its installed the xbox will still recognise the scratched disc so will boot the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Meatwad wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me a while back.The repair thing I found generally don't work if its a perfect circle scratch.

Happened to one of my games, can't remember which. Brought it to Game in Liffey Valley, and the guy used the disc repair thing on it for free because I had the receipt. Went home and disc was working ok :)

It was a perfect circle so those machines can be hit and miss

• Advertisement
Advertisement