Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus - Weather Disruptions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No buses to Tallaght Village or the Square :D, feckers better make their minds up in the morning if college is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

No buses to Tallaght Village or the Square :D, feckers better make their minds up in the morning if college is cancelled.

Bah its all just a silly excuse so the drivers have less to do and less passengers to deal with. Granted the bus drivers might have slightly more skill to put to practice but if Dublin Bus were really interested in making money and providing a decent service they would be clearing the roads themselves.

Keeping Dublin moving my @rse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ian_m wrote: »
    Bah its all just a silly excuse so the drivers have less to do and less passengers to deal with. Granted the bus drivers might have slightly more skill to put to practice but if Dublin Bus were really interested in making money and providing a decent service they would be clearing the roads themselves.

Keeping Dublin moving my @rse.
    What a awful piece of uninformed BS...

Seeing my bus this morning going over Bray Head in conditions I wouldn't have driven my car in would serve to prove you wrong. In my experience drivers will always look to go as far as they possibly can without endangering their passengers or themselves.

Usually it's the depot that tells the drivers to stop, not the drivers saying they won't keep going.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I two bus from Finglas to Merrion Square this morning, it took 1.5 hours.

the whole of dublin appears to on the bus, they were jammed and the bus was leaving people behind at stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Normally I have no problem getting a bus on the Navan Road but had no luck this morning. Four or five buses passed me at Park Motors packed to the gills, when normally there'd be loads of room. With no luck there I walked down to the North Circular Road (15 minute walk) and not one bus passed me heading down the Old Cabra Road.

While on the North Circular I waited about 15 minutes for a 46A heading from the Phoenix Park direction- none came while about 3 headed towards it. Giving up I decided to head into work and at that while I was heading down Manor Street one or two buses passed me that were fairly full.

Tomorrow morning I'll just get up earlier and take my life in my hands walking to town. If anyone knows Prussia Street/Brunswick Street North you'll know that parts of the footpaths there are lethal once there's been a bit of snow/ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

there are curtailments on a good few bus routes posted on Dublin bus

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Weather-Disruptions/

wonder what the chance of this lasting until tomorrow? may have to arrange althernative transport to work

dose anyone know if the roads are going to be gritted

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

40/a not serving west and south finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Seems a good few services diverting now. Will be interesting what happens if there's much more snow, thankfully my exam in college scheduled for tomorrow was postponed by our lecturer at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

A lot of the estates are quite passable in a bus, but following my experience yesterday on the 49 route where the local scumbags lined up at the Old Mill, Ballycullen and Killakee Estates, I'm not surprised that the buses were only using the main roads.
    Also in Killinarden and in Aylesbury, they stood on the road in front of the bus to make it slow down and then pelt it with snow-balls containing stones.

It doesn't bother me at all to pass these estates and get to where I have to go all the quicker, but the ones who suffer ultimately are the older and more vulnerable members of the community, who rely on the bus service.

Do you know what your kids are up to when they are out playing in the snow??:rolleyes:

Advertisement