Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Density Memory

Options
  • 29-11-2010 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am looking for a couple of gigs of low density memory to upgrade a machine of mine.

I have already made the mistake of buying what looked like appropriate memory online and the mobo will only recognise half of it.

Is there a particular place that will do this type of memory and/or is there a way of telling what memory is low density?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

There should be a list of compatible memory modules from your motherboard manufacturer.

What's the board out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    There should be a list of compatible memory modules from your motherboard manufacturer.

What's the board out of interest?

Hi B00MSTICK

It is an MSI MS-7222, it has two slots and can only take 2Gb. I bought 2 x 1Gb sticks by Crucial (DDR2-PC5300) and it would not recognise the full amount. [No harm done, stuck them into another machine and was able to make full use of them]

My research indicates the issue is this low density v high density (which is what all modern memory seems to be). This machine and mobo is 6 years old, bear in mind.

Advertisement