Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Bye Realbeers.ie

• 29-11-2010 5:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

RealBeers.ie is closing

here's the mail i received a few hours ago

Hi xxxxx,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to write this email. Due to the current economic climate we have had to put realbeers into voluntary liquidation (No pun intended). We wish to thank all our valued customers for their service over the last few years. Personally I have run the business for 5 years and in that time have enjoyed your queries on beers from the 'unusual to out of this world'.

We will be unable to fulfil any orders which have been placed in the last few weeks and apologise for this. I wish you all the best for Christmas and hope the New Year brings you everything you wish for.

I have put together a related beer site called www.beertasting.ie which offers professional tasting for groups in the greater Dublin area. Please feel free to visit the site or contact me on 0879345731. I will also be running 'An Exploration of Beer' night courses in various venues around Dublin. You may get in touch with me if you have any other queries on beer!

Again all the best.

David O'Shea
    Realbeers.ie

Kind regards,

The RealBeers.ie Team
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sorry to see any company that promotes diversity in beer go out of business, but their prices were a bit silly, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Will miss them but o briens imo really nailed their coffin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I would have never been able to stomach their prices for a case of beer, but I did try to get a few gift packs from the last week and I got that email, it is a shame, because my search is still on for a Chimay chalice. But like I say, I have no idea how they expected to survive with their prices.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Mo14 wrote: »
    my search is still on for a Chimay chalice.
    Here you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

BeerNut wrote: »

I was in the drink store a number of times asking for various glasses. I was always told they don't sell glasses, and when I asked for a whiskey glass one time, the guy stated "I've never been asked for that before" and looked at me like I had two heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shame! :(

Only ordered from them the once mind!

They were the best price on bottles of Hoegaarden.. and this was before I had a Laser / Credit card, so they accepted a bank transfer! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ntlbell wrote: »
    I was in the drink store a number of times asking for various glasses. I was always told they don't sell glasses
    I was talking to one of the owners last night and he said they've only just started doing them. More will be up on the website soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

:(. I had only just found you and your supply of Suffolk strong ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

That's sad! I ordered from them once for an anniversary twas a lot of drink :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I wonder has this anything to do with the greater availability of decent beer in off-licences around the country? Even Tesco now stock a good, if limited range of Ales and world beers, same with Superquinn.
    Where I live in Dublin, I can find a great range of beer within 2 miles (helps living within a mile of Redmonds!), but even off licences in small towns down the sticks will have at least O'Hara's, London Pride and a few others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement