Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaio Laptop - Warranty/repairs question...

Options
  • 29-11-2010 8:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

Apologies as I'm sure these questions have been answered a million times before, but due to the fault that brings me here (laptop screen faulty) it's a struggle to read almost anything, never mind writing this.
    Anyway I have a Sony Vaio Laptop which I bought online from buyitdirect.co.uk just over one year ago unfortunately (two weeks off), and the screen has started acting up all of a sudden. It is definitely not a software problem.
    Anyway as I have the computer for just over a year I assume that the warranty has just expired.
    So I would be extremely grateful for any advice as to what I should do now.
    I have just quickly read a few articles regarding the "Sale of Goods Act" and some other similar EU directive, but I do not know exactly how I should proceed now.
    Do I get onto the retailer or manufacturer?
    As buyitdirect is located in England does the "Sale of Goods Act" apply to this sitiation?
    Those and many more questions, as I am useless when it comes to this stuff.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Apologies as I'm sure these questions have been answered a million times before, but due to the fault that brings me here (laptop screen faulty) it's a struggle to read almost anything, never mind writing this.
    Anyway I have a Sony Vaio Laptop which I bought online from buyitdirect.co.uk just over one year ago unfortunately (two weeks off), and the screen has started acting up all of a sudden. It is definitely not a software problem.
    Anyway as I have the computer for just over a year I assume that the warranty has just expired.
    So I would be extremely grateful for any advice as to what I should do now.
    I have just quickly read a few articles regarding the "Sale of Goods Act" and some other similar EU directive, but I do not know exactly how I should proceed now.
    Do I get onto the retailer or manufacturer?
    As buyitdirect is located in England does the "Sale of Goods Act" apply to this sitiation?
    Those and many more questions, as I am useless when it comes to this stuff.
    Thanks in advance.

I bought a Vaio laptop from buyitdirect.co.uk too over a year ago. I had a few problems with it after I bought it and I dealt directly with the manufacturer, not buyitdirect. I had to return my laptop twice to sony with problems, but I must say their support was very good - they courier the laptop off to the manufacturer and courier it back a few days later. Maybe you should ring Sony and see what they say - their number is: +44870 240 2410

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

Apologies. I've only been able to get back on the web now.
    Cheers for your reply, but can you tell me did your problems with the laptop happen within one year of buying it or after one year?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Apologies. I've only been able to get back on the web now.
    Cheers for your reply, but can you tell me did your problems with the laptop happen within one year of buying it or after one year?

My problems occurred within a year after buying. You should give them a call anyway. Maybe tell them that the problem started happening a few weeks ago when it was under warranty ! ;-)

Advertisement