Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Conditions

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Anybody know what the traffic is like at the moment on the Headford Road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Thick thick fog all over the place out there at the moment folks, stay off the roads if at all possible. Its not that icy but visibility is down to twenty meters or less in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Roads between Corrandulla and Headford are pretty bad. I'm meant to drive back to Galway tomorrow but that could be a big ask if they aren't gritting tonight

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Roads between Corrandulla and Headford are pretty bad. I'm meant to drive back to Galway tomorrow but that could be a big ask if they aren't gritting tonight

Yeah drove back from headford at 5 and couldn't control my gyres really. They were jiggling! Got over that only to be hit by some of the thickest fog ever from Ballinfoyle on. I've been out driving every day. Tonight was the worst by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Btw I've seen the council littering crew out at 6am all this week, walking and picking up litter on the road.

They had the vacuum cleaners out this morning - yup, Christmas day and all.

I don't care what anyone says about the rest of the council, but the litter crews are FANTASTIC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement