Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never mind the roads what about the paths?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So who has been out and about in Dunlaoghaire? What are the paths like? the pedestrians need to know ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I wasn't up Georges St. but Marine Road is fairly ok, I was walking to the DART this morning at 7.30am and it wasn't horribly slippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What about Blackrock village? How are the footpaths there?

Generally I have found the paths to be ok. It's snow moreseo than Ice, just wear sensible shoes, wellies if possible!

Cheers.

So the question is again, how are the roads and footpaths in Blackrock village today? It looks like I definitely will be going there this afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Miz.

Well I answered my own question this morning :rolleyes: went flying on my arse walking around by the old Crawford's garage, like a skating rink it was. Went into penney's and picked up a lovley (not) pair of flowery wellies. So the main paths through the town are fine but watch out for the ones leading down to the harbour!

how are the roads and footpaths in Blackrock village today?

sorry grandmaster have no idea - maybe someone else will ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

As I posted elsewhere...

After last winter's icy spell when I ended up on my backside several times I acquired a pair of Snow & Ice Cleats (like these) which are basically anti-slip rubber attachments for the soles of your shoes which have spikes and wires on the underside that mean you can walk perfectly normally in the ice and snow!

I would recommend them to anyone!

There are different versions for different type shoes.

I bought these last year but haven't really tried them out yet

http://www.yaktrax.co.uk/yaktrax-shop/yaktrax-pro

I have to do a bit of walking this evening, not far, but I might just use these. They're a bit tricky to put on which is the only gripe and you kind of need to take them off when you go indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I bought these last year but haven't really tried them out yet

http://www.yaktrax.co.uk/yaktrax-shop/yaktrax-pro

I have to do a bit of walking this evening, not far, but I might just use these. They're a bit tricky to put on which is the only gripe and you kind of need to take them off when you go indoors.

I would think that is a very small price to pay if they prevent you from falling on the ice and potentially breaking a bone.

My plans changed so I didn't get to Blackrock in the end. Road conditions seem to be the worse they've been all week today, so I suspect the footpaths will be the same if not worse.

Advertisement