Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cheap fuel in Cork for Fire thread

Options
  • 29-11-2010 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Thought we could trade our knowledge of cheap coal, sticks, briquettes etc. in Cork city. Perhaps it could become a sticky if successful? Anyway I will get us started.

Callaghan's Garage, Ballyvolane - Bag of sticks - €3.50; 16 smokeless wood briquettes €3.50

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Buy in bulk. You will get a tonne of coal for about €350 - €400, saving about 33% ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

gimmick wrote: »
    Buy in bulk. You will get a tonne of coal for about €350 - €400, saving about 33% ish.

Great if you can find the space and transport for it, which I can't :( Anyway keep them coming bulk prices or otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Woodies in Tralee had Peat Briquettes 2 for 7euro i think, something the same as last year. They are around 4.20 each in my local shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Vain wrote: »
    Woodies in Tralee had Peat Briquettes 2 for 7euro i think, something the same as last year. They are around 4.20 each in my local shops.

Thats a nationwide offer from Woodies, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

40KG Coal in cobh (garden center in dockyard) 15euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Great idea for a thread :)

I'm looking for a good price from someone who will deliver. I can't carry the 20kg bags on my own so currently just going to my local petrol station €10.40 for 10kg and a bag of logs for €4 but I know that's not a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Cork City doing cheap coal that'll deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I got 40 x 40kg bags of Polish coal for 500 euro. I know a guy in the Ballvourney selling 40kg bags of coal for 12 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

tommy21 wrote: »
    Thought we could trade our knowledge of cheap coal, sticks, briquettes etc. in Cork city. Perhaps it could become a sticky if successful? Anyway I will get us started.

Callaghan's Garage, Ballyvolane - Bag of sticks - €3.50; 16 smokeless wood briquettes €3.50

Price of sticks increased to €4 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bobfromcork

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I got 40 x 40kg bags of Polish coal for 500 euro. I know a guy in the Ballvourney selling 40kg bags of coal for 12 euro.
    I'd love to get name of coal merchant please. Thanks.
    Anyone in Cork City with good prices per 20 of 40kg bags please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I get 20kg bags for 6.99 each in the coal depot on Barrack St. They're great & clean for the car too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

The Co-Op Stores are offering 10 x 40 kg bags for 149

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MirLou

Would be very interesting to get fresh updates here on fuel prices at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Go out the country and get the smoke coal if you're really stuck like. Also you can use moss instead of firelighters. I know I shouldn't be saying this but a drop of Diesel, a really small drop is very good for the fire, will work alot better than petrol.

Advertisement