Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nordic canal film HD in ireland

• 29-11-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

hi

I am thinking of changing my sub next year to canal nordic but am wondering has anyone canal nordic film hd here in ireland and if so what dish have you got?
    i know the majority of canal channels can be got here but since the canal film and sport hd channels moved to thor 6 it is harder to recieve here. really would only give up my cyfra and jsc subscriptions and invest in canal nordic if i could have a hope of receiving the hd channels.

Cheers
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stam

Yes you should get them im in kildare on a 1 meter dish can get the c+ thor ok plus Hd sig 73% qul 62% the very odd time might lose them but no great problem even this weather in the snow there ok not sure where you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

west coast here mate. not a sniff on the canal film hd channel. have great signal on discovery hd etc but they are on high powered thor 5. canal film hd is on a different beam on thor 6 and cant get it on my 90cm. you definitely can get canal film hd as if so will invest in bigger dish and get a nordic subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

irishchris wrote: »
    hi

I am thinking of changing my sub next year to canal nordic but am wondering has anyone canal nordic film hd here in ireland and if so what dish have you got?
    i know the majority of canal channels can be got here but since the canal film and sport hd channels moved to thor 6 it is harder to recieve here. really would only give up my cyfra and jsc subscriptions and invest in canal nordic if i could have a hope of receiving the hd channels.

Cheers
    Chris

If you don't mind can I ask you a few questions avbout Canal Nordic.
    1. How much is a sub?
    2. How many premiership matches do they show per weekend?
    3. Any English Commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stam

Yes c+ hd film thor plus silver hd/espn hd america/Nat Geo hd/rush hd /eurosport hd/bbc hd/all on thor 5 they are sig 78% qul 98% and thor 6 premier league hd 1 and 2 sig 74% qul 58%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

10934 H ?

Strength 94% Quality 58%, 1.1 m dish, AzBox in Dundalk, plenty of signal. 11862 H BBC World is 100% Quality tonight, I never saw that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

That Transponder really drops off as you come west. I cant get a sniff of it on a 1.1m in Mayo. All other HD transponders are very strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sob1467 wrote: »
    If you don't mind can I ask you a few questions avbout Canal Nordic.
    1. How much is a sub?
    2. How many premiership matches do they show per weekend?
    3. Any English Commentary

seems to be a round 1,000 euro

but do they do PL matches now ?

according to this they dont
    http://ondemand.ddns.me/Pay-TV.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

There is on ebay few other package which will cover more than canal+ nordic for less,In hd as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Frank2k

Maybe you want to check out Alsat for their boxes and "special" gifts which are included in most packages... I don't know exactly how it works, but apparently it does (very well in deed) and great value for money it is too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Frank2k wrote: »
    Maybe you want to check out Alsat for their boxes and "special" gifts which are included in most packages... I don't know exactly how it works, but apparently it does (very well in deed) and great value for money it is too.

I am sure that you are promoting something illegal here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Frank2k

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am sure that you are promoting something illegal here.

What are you insinuating?

I'm not promoting anything... All I'm saying is that I have seen a receiver that does what the OP wants (needs). I have not used the box myself, nor do I know how it works, but just pointing the OP in a direction.

Now, watching Canal digital outside of Scandinavia is illegal. Watching channels showing PL football (and any right infringed channels) in The UK and Ireland on anything other than a valid SKY subscription and/or the correct local licensed channels is also illegal.

I, for one, would not recommend anyone to watch TV with out a valid subscription and/or license and I'm sure most people are of the same opinion as myself...

Watching any other satellite package outside his borders mean country which is provided is illegal ;) Its not joke,its law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Now, watching Canal digital outside of Scandinavia is illegal. Watching channels showing PL football (and any right infringed channels) in The UK and Ireland on anything other than a valid SKY subscription and/or the correct local licensed channels is also illegal.

I, for one, would not recommend anyone to watch TV with out a valid subscription and/or license and I'm sure most people are of the same opinion as myself...
    It's not illegal, once you haven't stolen it. It may be against the terms and conditions, but that doesn't make it illegal. All the broadcaster can do is withdraw the service, they can't prosecute once you didn't steal anything from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What are you insinuating?

I'm not promoting anything... All I'm saying is that I have seen a receiver that does what the OP wants (needs). I have not used the box myself, nor do I know how it works, but just pointing the OP in a direction.

Oh really? Let me quote again what you posted.

Are you saying that isn't promoting something? You even mentioned where to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

ok down with the handbays guys :D but as minstrel quite rightly said it is not illegal. it is free trade and is in breach of terms and conditions of use of provider but not illegal. i think it is a lot more legitimate to be paying 800 euro direct to the provider for their service than a dodgy company like alsst who are stealing the providers content and not providing any payment to the provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Its not Illegal, it only breaks the terms and conditions of the broadcaster. Legiality only comes into play (No law really set in stone) when foreign broadcasters are being used to show EPL and other sports in an commercial public establishment.
    joker@ wrote: »
    Watching any other satellite package outside his borders mean country which is provided is illegal ;) Its not joke,its law

Its not a law mate, its all trying to be sorted out in the "TV without frontiers act" in the european court. The beauty of the EU has made it all very iffy.

Also there are 1000's of bars in the holiday resorts showing SKY UK/Ireland, so thats Illegal too in your eyes?

snaps wrote: »
    Its not Illegal, it only breaks the terms and conditions of the broadcaster. Legiality only comes into play (No law really set in stone) when foreign broadcasters are being used to show EPL and other sports in an commercial public establishment.

Its not a law mate, its all trying to be sorted out in the "TV without frontiers act" in the european court. The beauty of the EU has made it all very iffy.

Also there are 1000's of bars in the holiday resorts showing SKY UK/Ireland, so thats Illegal too in your eyes?
    Did you ever heard about transmision rights ?You know how you buiyng them?So try read about it.Its law not criminal but still law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

joker@ wrote: »
    Did you ever heard about transmision rights ?You know how you buiyng them?So try read about it.Its law not criminal but still law.
    It's contract law, which means the action is not illegal as it does not break any specific laws, but the broadcaster can enforce the contract with the support of the law. The only action that that can be taken against someone who pays for a foreign subscription and then uses that subscription outside the area of the terms and conditions is to cancel that subscription. The only reason that there may be possible action against a commercial premises is because technically they could be deemed to be stealing if they didn't pay for a commercial subscription. But if they paid for a commercial foreign subscription, again, they would only have the subscription cancelled (and probably not be entitled to a refund), nothing more unless it is stipulated in the T&Cs. The law won't be involved unless the broadcaster needs it to enforce the T&Cs, or the customer feels the broadcaster acted outside their powers in how the problem was dealt with.

Advertisement