Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene

Options
  • 29-11-2010 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Anyone know of anywhere in Kildare I can buy Kerosene (Home Heating Oil) over the counter as it were.

Earliest delivery I can get is Wednesday and it's dangerously low!

Would do with 30-50 litres.

Is it possible?

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

slumped wrote: »
    Hi All

Anyone know of anywhere in Kildare I can buy Kerosene (Home Heating Oil) over the counter as it were.

Earliest delivery I can get is Wednesday and it's dangerously low!

Would do with 30-50 litres.

Is it possible?

S

Yes most suppliers will sell it in drums from their depots, I am nearly sure Mc Loughlins in Newbridge sell it this way as they are also suppliers of portable kerosene heaters. I know for sure Mahons in Tullamore sell it in Drums as i use them alot. You will be best advised to buy drums at a hardware store in advance.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I think McLoughlins have a kerosene pump down at near the gates into their yard - there's an island of diesel\LPG\kerosene pumps away from the main forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

aodh_rua wrote: »
    I think McLoughlins have a kerosene pump down at near the gates into their yard - there's an island of diesel\LPG\kerosene pumps away from the main forecourt.

Glad to hear this as I am heading over their tomorow, I was not sure! Thanks

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Dunno where you are but I just moved to Athy and they sell it at King Oil petrol station.

Ask at the local petrol station, they may know of 1 nearby selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Thanks all.

Got a text from a mate - Naas Oil in Prosperous have a Kerosene pump. Bring drums.

Cheers

S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Naas Oil do a 20L drum for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Macros42 wrote: »
    Naas Oil do a 20L drum for €25.

I'm filling a 20ltr drum in Mcgloughlins for just under E18,provided you have your own drum.
    While we have a Kerosene titled thread can anyone direct me for a Top up next week for say E150 delivered?
    Alot of companies out there but are doing competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Gregsor wrote: »
    I'm filling a 20ltr drum in Mcgloughlins for just under E18,provided you have your own drum.
    While we have a Kerosene titled thread can anyone direct me for a Top up next week for say E150 delivered?
    Alot of companies out there but are doing competition?

don t expect mclouglins to deliver,shower are two days late after i ordered last friday........wont be usin them again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thats bad but i can imagine they are up to their eyes in it.
    I ordered 200ltrs off Capital Oils for E175,rang them yesterday afternoon and they will be out tomorrow :D.

Advertisement