Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collect dole on Saturday?? Help!!

• 29-11-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi i have just started a new 8 week contract after being on the social welfare the last few months. I am planning on collecting my dole until i get my first pay check (20 December) I collect my dole in the city center but im working out near the airport so cant make it in on the Wednesday to collect it.

Does anyone know if i can collect Saturday? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Afaik you can't claim the dole until you get your paycheck, that's fraud. You're suppose to sign off when you start working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

D e e wrote: »
    Afaik you can't claim the dole until you get your paycheck, that's fraud. You're suppose to sign off when you start working.

Yes agreed, however most dole payments are available to collect for about three days after they are issued!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Congrats on the job..

but stop collecting the dole.. your working now no need for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Yea but im not getting paid until December 20th. So i cant just give up the dole now and have no money for the next 5 weeks can i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Mark27 wrote: »
    Yea but im not getting paid until December 20th. So i cant just give up the dole now and have no money for the next 5 weeks can i?

Perhaps not, but probab;ly better off not braodcasting the fact that you are doing so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Mark27 wrote: »

Before you started work you could have visited the Community Welfare Officer who would check that you had signed off (you can do it online) and who may well have arranged a loan to tide you over till payday. I hope the job lasts because should it not, it will be obvious to the SW that you worked while collecting benefit/assistance. Unless, of course, your plan is repay in full when you sign off.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

What i was going to do was ring them just before i got paid and tell them i had been working for the last 5 weeks. Then if they want some money back from me i will have it for them no problem. Its just i have to buy bus tickets, food and fags etc in the meantime. I went to the interview and was told to be in a 9am the following morning so could not see the community welfare officer.
    Hopefully i get permenant and this wont even be an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Thread locked. OP looking for advice on how to commit fraud.

Mark27 please read forum charter before posting here again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement