Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowest Attended Gig?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

I think I was one of those bodies at the stage! Was that around the time they released Massive Noise Injection? if so, it was probably the same gig i was at. I can't remember how many were there to be honest but I do remember the guitarist giving me he set list from the monitor at the front of the stage. Ah, the good old days!

yeah, i got some drumsticks and a guitar pick, there was one for everyone in the audience practically!!! i think that was the last time they played here - i see they are back touring england next year - great band, all great characters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

The Men They Couldn't Hang in Swindon..

Waited years to see them.. turned up and so did 4 other people..
    Great night though.. They dumped their regular tour set, and let the "crowd" request their favourite songs .. :)

Went to see Half Man Half Biscuit a couple of weeks later in the same venue and only about 10 turned up for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

PiL played to only about 150 people at electric picnic this year,and it was raining out! (I only know this as the tiny crowd made for a handy shortcut through the tent to the jacks without getting rained on)
    Johnny Rotten probably didn't give a **** though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I saw Biffy Clyro play an acoustic set under a bridge in Paris. I'd put the numbers there at about 40/50 people. And that's a contender for best gig I've ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Been at a couple of gigs with less than 5 people. Essentially just me, some mates, coupel of others and the bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thao Nguyen and the Get Down Stay Down @ Crawdaddy on the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend, think there were 15 people there and that may have included the support band. Great gig though they really gave it their all.

The Czars, Whelans about 6 years ago. Very small crowd on a wet and weary Monday night, decent gig your man (John Grant) has a great voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I remember seeing RSAG in the student bar in Maynooth a few years back. I know it was unlikely to pull a big crowd, but I thought there would have been more than 5 of us in attendance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just to clarify, I meant just a low attended gig in general, as opposed to a big performer who should demand more of an audience...having said that, I was at a Simple Minds gig once, and it was extremely poorly attended and I would have expected more

Justin Hawkins also played with Hot Leg once in Edinburgh, and there were maybe 40 people there, in a tiny club called GRV

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Oxjam at the Ambassador in October 2008 - we were playing it and there were about 350 when we were on, a good few more for the next band, and then as soon as they finished everybody left. Apparently the crowd had just been there to see their friends play and then feck off. Codes and Concerto for Constantine had been booked as headliners, and they both played shortened sets to a crowd consisting of our band, another band and maybe 3 others :o A fairly bizarre experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Spunge are the only band who has ever officially been given permission by the Marley family to change the lyrics of a Bob Marley song, on their cover of "No Woman, No Cry" (this can be found on their second album, Room For Abuse).

Do you remember, a few years ago
    When they used to play this song yeah?
    We decided it was much too slow
    So we've gone and upped the tempo.

We say,
    Everything's gonna be alright now
    Everything's gonna be just fine
    Everything's gonna be alright

So we went back
    Did a bit of thinking, did a lot of drinking too
    And we came to this conclusion
    If you want it
    You gotta go for it, don't care 'bout who is who
    And you've got the best solution

We say,
    It's gonna be just....

No woman, no cry
    You've got no woman, don't cry
    No woman, no cry

[Guitar Solo]

Everything's is gonna be alright now
    Everything's is gonna be just fine
    Everything's is gonna be alright
    Everything's is gonna be alright now
    Everything's is gonna be alright
    Its gonna be just....

No woman, no cry
    No woman, no cry

So we remembered
    Did a bit of thinking and we did a lot of drinking too
    And we came to this conclusion
    If you want it
    You gotta go for it, don't care 'bout who is who
    And you've got the best solution

We say!
    Everything is gonna, everything is gonna, everything is gonna be alright
    Everything is gonna, everything is gonna, everything is gonna be just fine
    Everything is gonna, everything is gonna, everything is gonna be alright
    Everything is gonna, everything is gonna, everything is gonna be
    It's gonna be just....

No woman no cry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Saw Michael Gira (of Swans fame) play in the Triskel in Cork to no more than 15 people. To make matters worse, the venue is a tiered fully seated room (seating a couple of hunderd) which just emphasised how empty it was. Got a cracking recording of it though!

Advertisement