Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Christmas Beer Bar?

• 29-11-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

So I got a free ticket to the Taste of Christmas show in the convention centre over the weekend and went along fairly unconvinced about the whole thing.

I'd also heard that Becks was the only beer bar at it so again I wasn't expecting much from the whole thing. But after a while of being in I saw that there was another beer bar on the exhibitor list so I checked it out & realised that it wasn't going to be all bad after all! Stocked up in a Bavaria fridsge oddly enough was a really decent selection of good beers - Adnams innovation, Duvel, Maredsous, Vedetts, Weihenstephans...:)

Once I had discovered it I had already spent about an hour trecking around the various stands of knick knacks with my girfriend and had run in to a mate of mine who had been similaryl dragged to the thing so we left the girls to wander some more and were free to sample away for the rest of the evenign to our hearts content!

All in all... good times! Although if I'd paid for the ticket as well I'm not sure I'd be so happy about the whole thing.

Anyone else head to it at all? I'd imagine a good few people just got stuck at the Becks bar since it was so obvious (about 20 busty blond girls dressed as air hostesses wandering around with free samples = very christmassy)

Highlight of the night was Weihenstephan Dunkel, although I'm a big Weihenstephan fan anyway. Also the Vedett White was very nice. I've had the Blonde a good bit before, but the White was new to me. Like a slightly fresher, spicier version of Hoegaarden.
    Tagged:

Advertisement