Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyfra and Al Jazeera

• 29-11-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone on here has a few minutes to spare to answer a few questions. I've read through a lot of the threads in this section and I just need to clear up a few things in my head.

I was thinking of getting Cyfra+ and Al Jazeera, these both work off Hotbird as far as I can figure out from here.
    So is it possible to get a receiver that will read both these cards with 2 card slots and where would I get one/any recommendations?
    Or if I get a receiver with 1 card slot is it as simple as pulling 1 card out and inserting the other?
    If I have a fixed dish will both these cards work off the same dish?

Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I receive both using a Technomate TM 6900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Any receiver which is have 2 slot for smart cards or one smart and one CI,and can let access Seca4/viacess will be fine in this configuration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Thank you very much lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

the edision mini argus has 2 card slots,, with 3rd party firmware it will read these cards,,i have one but only have the al jazeera card running ,, gonna wait til new season for cyfra card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I ended up getting an icecrypt s2000cci and I'm just about to buy an Al Jazeera card viaccess 4 and a cyfra card from satsklep, will I need a cam for both or will one of them work in the conax smart card slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Check how is with firmware for this model otherwise 2 Cams only.

Advertisement