Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How safe is my money??

Options
  • 29-11-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Would like some info on the following,if possible!Replies much appreciated.....

I have the following savings at present!

40,000 Euro in State Savings Bonds,maturing in Sept 2013

Approx. 30,000 Euro in Saverscope Equity funds with Irish Life/TSB
    maturing in Sept 2011

£10,000 savings in AIB

Is my money safe in any of the above and if not what alternative's would people recommend??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alexasheferd

Money is our most precious thing and we can safe it with the help of insurance companies.They give us security of it and also interest of it.Insured money never stolen by any one.so my money is safe by insurance company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Money is our most precious thing and we can safe it with the help of insurance companies.They give us security of it and also interest of it.Insured money never stolen by any one.so my money is safe by insurance company.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Isnt that what caused the recssion in the first place sub-prime mortgages failed and insurance companies went bust trying to compensate people for their loss .. Not really sure

I think he is talking about a CDS although they can default also... Best off with a gold bullions cemented into the fireplace :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Revolver76 wrote: »
    Would like some info on the following,if possible!Replies much appreciated.....

I have the following savings at present!

40,000 Euro in State Savings Bonds,maturing in Sept 2013

Approx. 30,000 Euro in Saverscope Equity funds with Irish Life/TSB
    maturing in Sept 2011

£10,000 savings in AIB

Is my money safe in any of the above and if not what alternative's would people recommend??

Thanks!!

There is a good list of term deposit rates here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=101813

Advertisement