Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport weather report?

• 29-11-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Anyone know where the status of the airport can be found live , without calling every half our , Waterford airport and Aer Arann have no current flight information , have a family member stuck in luton since 6pm yesterday and information is very thing on the ground over there as to reasons why flights wont go ahead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Joe Gt wrote: »
    as to reasons why flights wont go ahead

Maybe the terrible weather conditions?! :p Just kidding, Aer Arann & Waterford Airport havent been very impressive in terms of customer service etc. I was due to get a flight from Luton yesterday that would get to Waterford at 17.15 - instead it landed at about 9 o clock.... in Galway!!! They bussed us down and got a bit irritable when people raised concerns about the roads for that journey. I think Waterford airport was closed most of yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Reason why the Airport has been closed is that the runway has a layer of ice up to 4mm thick on it. This means that braking action for a landing aircraft is poor/non existent. So if people want to bitch and moan about " customer service " thats their own ignorance. I'd much prefer a bus journey of 3 - 4hrs from Galway then to be slid off the end of the runway and getting injured.

The airport have extremely limited resources available to them.

It happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Reason why the Airport has been closed is that the runway has a layer of ice up to 4mm thick on it. This means that braking action for a landing aircraft is poor/non existent. So if people want to bitch and moan about " customer service " thats their own ignorance. I'd much prefer a bus journey of 3 - 4hrs from Galway then to be slid off the end of the runway and getting injured.

The airport have extremely limited resources available to them.

It happens.

I don't think anybody was disputing the reasons for not landing. They're quite obvious thank you. However it doesn't require many resources to provide people (such as the OP) with relatively up-to-date information on their website.
    And my complaint was that when I saw another passenger voice genuine concerns about getting on the bus because of the bad road conditions, they were completely dismissed by...a customer service rep. Helpful.
    In fact I was pleased with their service of flying to Galway and bussing us, rather than cancelling completely like Ryanair probably would do. So if they have the resources to arrange such a service, it wouldn't take much more to handle people a little better. But maybe I'm being blinded by my ignorance, I blissfully don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

knew since sat theyre diverting flights to galway /cork and bussing people down,very helpful.nothing has changed so far,due to the thick layer of ice on the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Anyone know where the status of the airport can be found live , without calling every half our , Waterford airport and Aer Arann have no current flight information , have a family member stuck in luton since 6pm yesterday and information is very thing on the ground over there as to reasons why flights wont go ahead

Well, they sent out quite a few tweets with links to updates yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

merlante wrote: »
    Well, they sent out quite a few tweets with links to updates yesterday.

Have you a link to those as i couldn't find them yesterday , thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Have you a link to those as i couldn't find them yesterday , thanks

I found this: http://twitter.com/AerArann

Advertisement