Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC router

• 29-11-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I have the cisco wireless router that comes with UPC but it keeps dropping connection I have another router so would I be able to put a Ethernet from the Cisco router to my other one
    Please keep as simple as possible:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Hi everyone I have the cisco wireless router that comes with UPC but it keeps dropping connection I have another router so would I be able to put a Ethernet from the Cisco router to my other one
    Please keep as simple as possible:o:o
    if you don't have your phone with UPC (and the option isn't disabled) then you can enable bridge mode which will pass everything from the EPC2425 through to the WAN port on your router, assuming the router isn't an ADSL one with a built in modem and RJ11 WAN port rather than an RJ45 ethernet one. as long as the connection is the same as the other ethernet ports on the router you should be fine.

if you do have your phone with UPC then you can't use the bridge option because it disables the phone ports on the router.

if this is the case then you'll need to change the subnet your router uses to something other than the EPC2425 subnet, so one is using 192.168.1.x and the other on 192.168.0.x although you might have trouble with online gaming with this configuration as you're adding another NAT layer.

ideally, if you don't mind complaining a lot, call UPC and see if they will give you a scientific atlanta 2203 modem which has none of the problems of the cisco router.

it's hard to find them these days though, so you'll have to be very persuasive.

let us know what you want to do and we can get into some more detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Rang them and theres an engineer coming out on friday so will report back

Advertisement