Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial grass... Longer than lawn length

Options
  • 29-11-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hello Guys.

I need to use artificial grass for a little project (30m2). But... I dont want the grass to look like a lawn , so that short grass look wont work for me. It needs to be longer grass like what you would see in a field.

Any ideas guys of how I could achieve this look or get the artificial grass?

What cost am I looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

poteen wrote: »
    Hello Guys.

I need to use artificial grass for a little project (30m2). But... I dont want the grass to look like a lawn , so that short grass look wont work for me. It needs to be longer grass like what you would see in a field.

Any ideas guys of how I could achieve this look or get the artificial grass?

What cost am I looking at?

synthetic grass is available in various lengths with the cheaper grades requiring brush in sand to keep the tufts upright. I am not aware of if there is a synthetic equivalent to meadow grass. What's the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

synthetic grass is available in various lengths with the cheaper grades requiring brush in sand to keep the tufts upright. I am not aware of if there is a synthetic equivalent to meadow grass. What's the application?

Synthetic grass of a longer length would be fine. Anything over 4-5 inches would be a good length for my needs. It would need to be able to take people walking on it. Where would I source the synthetic grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You missed my point, I doubt (for practical reasons) that there is a synthetic grass looking like 'field grass', 4" - 5" long which you can walk on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rushmucker

Advertisement