Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever dream of someone you know dying and wake up crying?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

That's happened to me. Even last night. I had a dream that two of my family members died within days of each other.
    I woke up crying, as it was so realistic. I've done it before. Where I'm at funerals of loved ones and I wake up in hysterics.

I'm just wondering if this happens to other people too. Is it common? What does it mean? Or what causes it?

I get sleep paralysis too. Maybe it could be a part of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Ive never got sleep paralysis, but that happens to me about twice a year, where my pillow and face are soaked with tears. I dont know why it happens, but I try not to dwell on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Geminicw

yeah dat happened to me ages ago but will always remember it!!!
    I had a dream my mother died and i was waching doctors working on her in our house and loads of drips and stuff hanginf out of her then they carried her out dean past me....
    I woke up in a sweat drownded and my hair drownded from crying!!
    scared they crap outta me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

It happened to me about 13 years ago I'd say, I dreamt my mum had passed away, was at her funeral & woke up in hysterics.

I'm glad to say she's still alive & kicking today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

That happened me and my daughter about two weeks ago on the same night. She dreamt that I had been murdered and that my body was found in the boot of my car and on the same night I dreamt that a neighbour beat me to death. Really freaky but a total coincidence. How very weird though that our mind can picture the person dead, the funeral etc when we're asleep but couldn't possibly conjure those images while awake. Dreams can be scarily detailed.

Advertisement