Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra measures to keep your little one warm

• 29-11-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering what extra measures you all are taking to keep your little one warm in this extremely cold winter?
    I've started putting tights on under trousers instead of socks. Also the heater in her room, (thermostatic, keft on all night) was turned up a notch.
    Interested to hear any tips you all have??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Wearing 2 pairs of socks and wellies with snow suit outside.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Splosh-Suit-Kids-Children-Rain-Suit-Camp-Outdoor-Baby-/160477824434
    Underneath it she had a polo neck,vest and fleece tracksuit.
    Hat and gloves too.

For bedtime she is in a vest,baby sleeping bag and baby gro.
    With 2 blankets over her.

Heating is on low the whole time but the house isn't very well insultated.

She is 22 months old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Fleece, fleece and more fleece.

Top- thermal tee shirt, regular tee shirt, jumper [coat]

Hat that covers ears, mittens [which I have sewed to ribbons]

Bottoms- underpants obviously

If outside for walk fleece lined jeans that I had sent over from the US.

If in playschool or at home, pair of cords or sweatpants.

If outside to play in snow, fleece lined waterproof overalls I bought in Lidl over regular sweat pants.

Snowboots to keep feet dry in this weather.

Also when the weather is bitter like this, vaseline or olive oil on the face and cheeks.

Bedtime- Regular pajamas and a fleece blanket tucket between sheet and bed and a duvet.

Hot food in the tummy - porridge, stews, shepherds pie, that sort of thing.

Multi vitamin -keep B vitamins coming to regulate thermostat, especially folic acid.

*My son is not a newborn or infant though - late toddler.

Advertisement