Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for an unexpected flight home

Options
  • 29-11-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Is there any way you can get insurance or an open ended ticket so that you could back back to ireland at short notice incase something unexpected happen at home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Is there any way you can get insurance or an open ended ticket so that you could back back to ireland at short notice incase something unexpected happen at home?

You mean travel insurance?. Why don't you just get annual travel insurance!
    Would cover you for 12 months and is fookall! :)

http://www.travelinsurance.ie/multitrip/

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

I'd like to know this too. Travel insurance not an option as not resident in Ireland. Just want to have cover if I need to fly home suddenly. I was just gonna stick some cash in an account and leave it untouched but could be scuppered if last minute flights go to stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

You can buy open ended tickets with certain Airlines, best to go and talk to a travel agent who would have an idea of the cheapest fees for changed flights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

But that would mean you'd have to go home within the 12 months (or lose the money).
    I think the OP was looking for some sort of insurance that would pay for his flight in a family member fell sick or died etc.

It would be useful, as having to drop everything would be more than a little awkward. but I don't see how it could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

I did a little googling yesterday and you can get 'Bereavement Fares' which are 10-20% the cost of last minute fares. Not quite the same but worth knowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

csm wrote: »
    I did a little googling yesterday and you can get 'Bereavement Fares' which are 10-20% the cost of last minute fares. Not quite the same but worth knowing

Worth knowing, lets just hope we never have to avail of them :)

Advertisement