Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quit Alcohol - How long before I stop feeling tired

Options
  • 29-11-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Just wondering if you could give me some advice? I read Allen Carr book on controlling alcohol. What a revelation, I am now on day 7 and am delighted with my decision not to drink again. I was drinking a bottle of wine a night and although I can’t remember the last time I embarrassed myself or passed out through being drunk I was obviously dependent and doing myself loads of damage. The great thing is I don’t feel the slightest bit deprived. However, I am totally exhausted, the quality of my sleep is so much better but I am now sleeping 10 hours and could still do with more and if I didn’t have two young kids and a full time job I’d probably spend the day in bed. I found that when I was pregnant the first trimester I had a debilitating tiredness but I now wonder if it was because I gave up drinking when I was pregnant. Can I just ask anyone that has been through this, how long will this last? Can I do anything to help?

Lastly whoever it was that recommend the book on the forum – you’ve changed my (and my kids) lives, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Can't say i've experienced that. Go to your doctor is the only thing i could suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

Could be a while until your brain gets back on an even keel. I would suggest that you take a good multivitamin for a month, preferably Pharmaton, also take some supplementary magnesium- you should be right as rain in no time.

Well done by the way, and congratulations on your decision. Never look back, it will never be as easy for you to never drink again as it is now. RealEstateKing quit the same way and he has written some excellent pieces on his new found sobriety. I think one of them is here:

http://thesickbag.blogspot.com/

one of the older posts, its called "things to do in dublin when you are sober".

He also gave me some great advice in my time of need, so just search for his username and you should find some great posts.

If the fatigue persists, I'd def think about explaining the situation to your Doctor. He/she will likely give you an intramuscular dose of B-vitamins that'll boost you right up. In the meantime I'd say the above should see you right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement