Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[NEED] A BASIC image gallery script.

Options
  • 29-11-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I need to get a new image management system for my website as the current one has a few flaws;

• Is using flash.
    • Cant have any captions for the images
    • No alt tags for the images

The above really effects my websites search engine accessibility.

I would hope for the image management system to have results that look as I describe below.
    I will need to integrate it into my current site so some random gallery software that forces me to use their templates and css wont be good enough.

I basically just need to just put thumbnails of the images on one page with a caption for them. Then when someone clicks the image they will go to another page with the large image on it and another caption / description.

description.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Google for some combo of these keywords: jQuery javascript image gallery carousel

There's also lightbox and highslide galleries. e.g. http://www.rentatrulli.com/trulli-stella/photos.html

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

galleria is also one powerful plugin for jquery

uses the alt tags and the longdescription tags for info

also iflow is pretty sharp although can be a beggar to set it up based on your pic sizes

i have used both recently on a site - end result is sweet

http://www.escrs.org/publications/etnew/
    scroll down to the latest pics you can see it all in play there

any q's holler

Advertisement