Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

515 & POD Present NYE with The Japanese Popstars + More

Options
  • 29-11-2010 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

We’re already in the spirit of giving here at POD as early bird tickets go on sale for this year’s blistering-hot NEW YEAR’S EVE party at TRIPOD.

Consider the hunt for a worthy NYE blow-out over, with the announcement of KOUNTDOWN, a heaving, thumping, pulsing mix of spectacular live music and superb DJ sets across three rooms at TRIPOD, with a line-up that will make you want to fast forward passed baby Jesus and brussels sprouts, and get straight to the biggest party of the year.

Join the throng of unrestrained revelers on December 31st as Dublin club-goers celebrate the end of 2010 to a mind-altering sonic feast featuring THE JAPANESE POPSTARS (live), KORMAC’S BIG BAND, TU-KI, LRB, and a selection-box of your favourite DJs from Dublin’s hottest club nights. Get your final party fix at TRIPOD in three rooms-full of uproarious celebration and energetic beats as we close out the party season with the ultimate session of 2010.

Early bird tickets are on sale now at €17.50 including booking fee from Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

POD presents
    KOUNTDOWN
    Featuring

THE JAPANESE POPSTARS (LIVE)

KORMAC’S BIG BAND

TU-KI

LRB

Club room

TRAINWRECK DJS

COLOR TV DJS

D.I.B.H. DJS

Lounge

TRANSMISSION DJS

FRIDAY 31ST DECEMBER 2010
    Doors 11pm
    Tickets €22.50 available via Ticketmaster, and all usual outlets.

Early bird tickets €17.50 on sale now

THE JAPANESE POPSTARS
    A multi-award winning act with a reputation for a blistering live show, combined with recent remixes for the likes of Depeche Mode, Beyonce, Groove Armada, Gorillaz and Benny Benassi; The Japanese Popstars come with an arsenal of techno and electronic monsters under their belt! Hailing from Ireland they have toured all over the globe off the back of their debut album "We Just Are", which saw the band completely destroy major festivals such as Glastonbury (UK), Oxegen (Ireland), Ultra (USA), Fuji Rock (Japan), Benicassim (Spain), Exit (Serbia) and Trans Musicales (France). Be prepared...

"They Might Also Be The Most Exciting New Electronic Act On The Planet" - Mixmag
    "Do believe the hype..." - IDJ Magzine

VOTED BEST LIVE ACT @ IRISH DANCE MUSIC AWARDS 2009
    VOTED BEST ALBUM @ IRISH DANCE MUSIC AWARDS 2009
    BEST BREAKTHROUGH PRODUCERS - DJ MAG 'BEST OF BRITISH' AWARDS 2008
    NOMINATED BEST LIVE ACT - DJ MAG 'BEST OF BRITISH' AWARDS 2009

The Japanese Popstars are riding a wave of great live gigs, major festival bookings, and media praise off the back of their amazing energy driven live shows and their critically acclaimed debut album 'We Just Are'.

Native to Northern Ireland (any fetishists expecting cute Japanese girls can leave now), and consisting of Declan McLaughlin aka Decky Hedrock, Gary Curran, and Gareth Donoghue. The Japanese Popstars are signed to bespoke indie label, Gung-Ho Recordings (Gus Gus, Zoo Brazil) in the UK, and Beatink in Japan (home of Underworld, Aphex Twin, Cinematic Orchestra).

The Japanese Popstars only parallel with rock music is that they'd built up a sizable live following before releasing their first major single - some might even say cultish, judging by the amount of clips on Youtube. Their gigs are typically raucous affairs, with an energy that crackles with each beat, chord, and keyboard stab.

However, let's get one thing straight about the music - The Japanese Popstars aren't indie rave, or any other sub-sub-sub genre, theirs is big room, cool as f**k electronic music built for festivals and stadiums. They're not dance kids aping indie kids, nor are they indie kids dropping synths and calling themselves 'ravers'.

The band have remix the likes Beyonce, The Ting Tings, Shinichi Osawa, Pete Tong, Kylie, The Music, Depeche Mode, Gorillaz, Editors and Groove Armada, as well as taking thier energy fueled live show to many major clubs and festivals around the world and the band stood testament to this in 2009 by releasing thier own live album "We Just Are: Live", which was recorded infront of 8000 thousand people!

The Japanese Popstars - back to the future dance music for today, tomorrow, and forever, and it's coming to a field near you very soon.

KORMAC’S BIG BAND
    An 11-piece orchestra playing Kormac's tracks. A mix of live turntables, samplers, drums, double bass, barbershop quartet, trumpet, clarinet, banjo and live visuals.

They've recently played peak time slots at Glastonbury, Bestival, Womad, Shambala, the Electric Picnic & Body & Soul festivals, toured with Beardyman and performed in France, Germany & Africa.

“Kormac's stuff rocks - I'm a big fan of what he's doing right now... clear dancefloor bangers" - DJ Yoda

"He played live at Annie Mac Presents and had a barbershop quartet singing harmonies, plus trombones, trumpets and a double bass. He was scratching - it was the most bizarre setup I've ever seen, but it really works." - Annie Mac (BBC Radio 1)

"Reminds me of a cross between Kid Koala and Fingathing" - DJ Food (Ninja Tunes)

"DJ Kormac headlines taking the best 1930s and 1940s Bebop and Swing and fattening it up for the floor with crunching hip hop and breakbeats." Club Pick of the Week. - The Guardian

"Their performance will rank up there as one of the most memorable moments on the show over the past seven years." Dan Hegarty (2FM.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭tulachmhor

Can anyone confirm or deny whether The Subs are playing at this?

I've heard from cupla different sources,some reliable and some not so.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Have my tickets and all for tonight, but a mate just told me this will be all wrapped up by 2am?

Anyone know if this is true or not? I'll be majorly pissed if I'm out on the street by 2am after 3 hours and €25!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭515 tripod

the club will be open from 10pm - 3am so all good

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

3am is perfect, just perfect.

I cant' wait to see The Japanese Popstars. Bring it on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

what time will Kormacs Big band be on at approx?

• Advertisement
Advertisement