Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 9700 OS 6 on O2

Options
  • 29-11-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Is anyone running one of the recent leaks of OS 6 (344/358) for the Bold 9700 on O2? Specifically are there any issues with the Service Books for Browsing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Been meaning to load OS6 on to mine
    Might give it a shot
    What problems specifically do you mean regarding trouble with the browsing service books?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I have tried it with Vodafone, but you get a "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" service book appearing which confuses the browser and you can't browse over 3G.
    When you delete this particular service book, normal service resumes until you either reboot the phone or change cell towers. The network reissues the service book again and you get an error that freezes the phone. .358 was much improved over .344 but it still happened at least once every day or two.

The problem seems to vary by operator over at Crackberry.com, so I wanted to see if O2 are one of the "good" or "bad" operators :)

Our company is looking at transferring into O2 shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

OK. I loaded this on the 9700 last night and have been using it all day
    By the way, I am using 6.0.0.344...

I see I have 2 sb's called Blackberry Internet Browsing Service, both are showing as Active, but one is for MDS browser from what I can gather. Dunno why this is on it as I am a BIS user and not BES. As for browsing, I tried a bit today, not any major amount, but it seemed to work fine with no problems. I'll continue to try it out and let you know how I get on, and yes, I am indeed on O2! (almost forgot that bit :) )

Advertisement