Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To the St Annes CX rider today

• 29-11-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

How awesome is that place riding at the moment?

Did an hour easy there today and it is frozen solid, rutted and fast.

Check your lines...your missing the faster lines on some bits :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are you posting to yourself?

I was there yesterday. I still suck, one year on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Ahh they looked uber fresh when i was there, not sure.

But yes, get some practice in :)

I think some practice is in order this eve after work. Can you head down on Wed morning and check out me lines? ;)

Raam wrote: »
    I think some practice is in order this eve after work. Can you head down on Wed morning and check out me lines? ;)

No problem, please leave writen notice of the speeds you took each corner at, and braking points

Speed: slow
    Breaking points: all over the place

• Advertisement

Right so the remedy:

Speed : Pedal more
    Braking : Brake less

I'll tell you one thing, it's a weird feeling pedaling with the wheels both facing completely different directions, neither of which is straight ahead, yet still managing to go straight ahead. It's also really quiet in the park at night, just me and the birds.

Please do not turn my park into a dogging site.

Its bad enough in Howth as it is on my MTB trails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

i was thinking of training with my MTB in the phoenix park like i usually do after work on my road bike ... but I am a bit scared of the trails and what goes on over there after dark ... i kept to the main roads last night, didnt adventure in the trees ( i was carrying 3 locks, it was a bit heavy for a proper spin anyway )...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Is it easy to find the cyclocross track in St. Annes? I've only cycled through the place once before on the paths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's dogging in Howth???

Is it easy to find the cyclocross track in St. Annes? I've only cycled through the place once before on the paths.

Its easy if you know where it goes! At the moment just follow the skinny tire prints.

Its not a dedicated track/trail. ITs something that the park supervisor ignores us constantly training on so try not to ride it when its sodden or shred it with your rad breaking manouvers.

Also respect the walkers and squirrels.

el tonto wrote: »
    There's dogging in Howth???

Its amazing what you find people doing in the woods when you are training in the night with lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

billy.fish wrote: »
    Its easy if you know where it goes! At the moment just follow the skinny tire prints.

Its not a dedicated track/trail. ITs something that the park supervisor ignores us constantly training on so try not to ride it when its sodden or shred it with your rad breaking manouvers.

Also respect the walkers and squirrels.

Can ya gimme a rough idea of these trails - I got a mountain bike now so looking for options

Im a howthie so I'll trade ya the hidden howth trails for St Annes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Raam wrote: »
    It's also really quiet in the park at night, just me and the birds.

Is the Mrs ok with this?

dario28 wrote: »
    Can ya gimme a rough idea of these trails - I got a mountain bike now so looking for options

The park ain't that big really, go forth and explore!

dario28 wrote: »

Ehhh dude...ive been biking in Howth for the past 14 years...not much left hidden i dont know about. Infact some of the stuff i dug in :)

If you search the boards you'll find a map somewhere of the course. Cyclocross Nationals should pull it up for you

Advertisement