Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niko Krancjar

Options
  • 29-11-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was just wondering what peoples opinions are on the lack of game time Niko has been given this year.

Im asking because even when Harry has made a change or two he still doesnt seem to be given a run. Now of course were on a great run at the minute and theres no need to go changing a winning formula but I think that Krancjar should be a little disappointed not to be playing more. He was exceptional for us towards the end of last season, both with his goals and assists and also his workrate. He also has versatility being able to play across the middle in a 4 or 5.

If VDV is injured for the short term then i would love to see him get a run in the team (although Harry will probably go 442 seeing as JD is back).

On another note even if VDV's injury is only short term I think he should be given a couple of weeks rest. theres no point in him continuously picking up small knocks (which must be related in some way) and risking him picking up a serious injury that could keep him out long term.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I dont see a role for him in the team tbh. Bale and Lennon are our established wingers with Modric and Thudd in the middle. Up front we'll be going with VDV with either Defoe or Crouch most of the time. And I dont really think he is much of an impact player. However I do rate him, and I think we should try and keep hold of him, because he is a good player to use when we go through a bad period with injuries. I really cant see him staying though, unless Bale goes in January, which I think there is very little chance of happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good player, but not better than any of the guys you have mentioned that have got in the team ahead of him. Put it like this, I wouldn't mind seeing him leaving if Pienaar was coming in, as I think Pienaar is a better player, and you'd probably get him for cheap due to his contract situation. You would get 5/6m for Niko I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Especially with Lennon coming into some form I can't see where he can play great squad player for second half of the season though.

Can't believe he was winning headers against konchesky as well as skinning him and pressing the opposition when we didn't have the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I agree that he wouldnt be in our starting 11.

however if hes as important to us in the 2nd half of the season as he was last year then i think in order to keep him at Spurs he might need more game time.

I could certainly understand him wanting a move away if he doesnt get a kick before christmas.

Since weve assembled such a strong squad I just think it may be foolish to allow the squad players to leave because of lack of game time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

smashing player but just out of favour and we are spoilt for choice with midfielders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I agree,

great player just unluky that we have 3 of the best 10 (if not 5) players in the league for the position.

I'd love to keep him on the books but in reality he deserves to be playing ya know?

Advertisement