Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Megathread Autumn Semester 2010

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

First day of study week and no thread? :eek:

Anyways, facing into the toughest set of exams in my college life so far. Can categorically say that being a fourthie is about as much fun as using sandpaper as bog roll. I imagine anyway. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Best of luck CSON, and the rest of you UL boardsies! I'm sure that you will all do well! :)

You are correct [at least from my experience] that the 4th and final year exams are not only the most stressful, but often also the most demanding too!

But dont let that discourage you, as you can all only do your best, and let me tell you, as long as you end up happy with what you do, then nobody can take that from you!

So again, good luck to one and all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

Unlike cson I think I am entering my easiest set of exams. Time to drag that qca up :)

Best of luck to everyone too and to the first years don't worry they get progressively easier to deal with (though not easier to pass :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

cson wrote: »
    Can categorically say that being a fourthie is about as much fun as using sandpaper as bog roll. I imagine anyway. :pac:

No, you're right, I can confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

entropic wrote: »
    Unlike cson I think I am entering my easiest set of exams. Time to drag that qca up :)

Best of luck to everyone too and to the first years don't worry they get progressively easier to deal with (though not easier to pass :P).
    First year here, Im sure they'll be ok to pass but dealing with them is an entirely diffrent story. Im not worried, just dont have any idea whats coming.
    Plus this whole idea of negative marking of papers is all new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Journalism masters myself but I'm not dreading the exams......yet.

Have had a load of deadlines recently so it's probably a bit of relief that those are done. Will more than likely wake up tomorrow screaming!

On top of the college deadlines, I put more on top of myself with a ton of article submissions in the last two weeks to various places (incl. An Focal and that got published so it's a nice boost). So not dreading the exams as yet, but it's probably looming.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

In general what are the first year exams like..More so the Humanity's ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

Lads seriously.. if ye put even a half arsed attempt into it and went to lectures tutorials and labs ye have nothing to worry about.. ye'd be surprised what you take in subconsciously in lectures even when u think ur not listening!

best of luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

Could someone please tell me where are rooms EG010 AND SPHALL??

galwayu wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me where are rooms EG010 AND SPHALL??

EGO10 is where you got your ID Card on orientation.
    To be more precise, go in the main building at the ski slopes, turn left and there you go!

The SPHALL is short for the Sports Hall, and is located in the PE Building.
    Thats the old [and cold] building before the Astro Turf pitches...go up the steps, in the door, keep left, down the stairs to the left and there you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

Thanks.How do I know which one im in??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

It should be on your exam timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I switched course and I'm registered for my new modules an everything but my exam timetable is still showing up my old course timetable. What should I do in relation to where to go?

Not necessarily CSON, as I imagine the reason that galwayu is asking is because it lists both places on the timetable.
    Large classes such as BBS tend to have multiple locations for exams due to the large numbers of students sitting each exam.
    The students are placed alphabetically in each location - usually surnames 'A' - 'O' are in the SPHALL and 'P' - 'Z' are in EGO10... Afaik there is a list of exactly where you will be located beside SAA.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I switched course and I'm registered for my new modules an everything but my exam timetable is still showing up my old course timetable. What should I do in relation to where to go?

You should go in and speak to SAA or ask somebody in your class. You'd want to make sure you know exactly when your exams are on asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Mossin wrote: »
    You should go in and speak to SAA or ask somebody in your class. You'd want to make sure you know exactly when your exams are on asap!

I entered in the modules seperately in the timetable page so I know when and where they are on I just don't know which one I'm supposed to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Seloth wrote: »
    In general what are the first year exams like..More so the Humanity's ones
    What modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 yourmother10

1st year law plus, not really looking forward to the exams :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

todays study plan
    EU law, followed by tax and torts:rolleyes:

what i actually did,
    watch two films, walk to the shop and blow up pair of shoes with bangers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Todays study plan:
    Try get to a high enough standard to pass maths...

...spent the day playin piano, looking out the window, readin a book ("The Game"-Neil Strauss, Its UNREAL!!!)...now gonna fail maths

FML

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

ryanf1 wrote: »
    First year here, Im sure they'll be ok to pass but dealing with them is an entirely diffrent story. Im not worried, just dont have any idea whats coming.
    Plus this whole idea of negative marking of papers is all new.

negative marking??? sorry???/:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

"Treacherous road conditions are no grounds for an i-grade"

FML

I guess risking my life is worth it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Todays study plan:
    Try get to a high enough standard to pass maths...

...spent the day playin piano, looking out the window, readin a book ("The Game"-Neil Strauss, Its UNREAL!!!)...now gonna fail maths

FML

Throw a few 'negs' at your female lecturers and you will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Worked my arse off yesterday. Planned to do the same today. Am now watching Top Gear, with some Financial Info Analysis notes a couple of feet away from me. Just out of reach :o

Now I'm going off to do shopping and I'll be in Dublin tomorrow looking at potential houseshares.

I. Am. Screwed.

lallychops wrote: »
    negative marking??? sorry???/:(

Its mostly used in multiple choice exams, especially on the BBS course in modules like economics....essentially for every question you get wrong you lose 0.75 of a mark, and a correct answer is worth 2.5 marks.

Its eliminates students guessing all the answers in an exam [in theory at least]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

For anyone who did intro to politics in 1st yr....can u please tell me how long the answers must be about??????
    I cant ask my tutor 'cause I never turned up to tutorials or that......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Check your UL emails, e-mail from the SAA about the exams and the bad weather.

i.e. info about what to do if you think you cant make it to an exam because of the weather!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

NeirBot wrote: »
    Check your UL emails, e-mail from the SAA about the exams and the bad weather.

i.e. info about what to do if you think you cant make it to an exam because of the weather!!

At last a smidgeon of sense!

I was having a nervous breakdown and the email I got saying that the weather was no excuse made me so mad.

Nice one SAA!

Fingers and toes crossed that none of us miss any exams :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

Mossin wrote: »
    Its mostly used in multiple choice exams, especially on the BBS course in modules like economics....essentially for every question you get wrong you lose 0.75 of a mark, and a correct answer is worth 2.5 marks.

Its eliminates students guessing all the answers in an exam [in theory at least]

damn....that means the same for psychology too...wasnt told that now and have attended everything....highly annoying. thanks though.

At last a smidgeon of sense!

I was having a nervous breakdown and the email I got saying that the weather was no excuse made me so mad.

Nice one SAA!

Fingers and toes crossed that none of us miss any exams :)

Dad's driving me up to Dublin tomorrow to view houses for Co-op. I am pretty freaked out at the idea of being stranded. It more than likely won't, but still....Eeek! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Hello. If I fail a module is it repeated in jan or in summer? Cheers.

• Advertisement

gloryutd wrote: »
    Hello. If I fail a module is it repeated in jan or in summer? Cheers.

Summer. :)

Advertisement