Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Megathread Autumn Semester 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

Toby_2010 wrote: »
    Lads seriously.. if ye put even a half arsed attempt into it and went to lectures tutorials and labs ye have nothing to worry about.. ye'd be surprised what you take in subconsciously in lectures even when u think ur not listening!

best of luck folks!

ya, thats exactly what i thought after my first year exams, so much goes in even if you are daydreaming

As for my study today .... Procrastination is when you look up one of the 1950/1960 films on rte, the saturday matinee and say to yourself, that might be good! slowly leaving your chemistry notes down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Thanks. Any idea how much it costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

gloryutd wrote: »
    Thanks. Any idea how much it costs?

The repeat exams last year cost Eur 171 per exam so expect it to be around that this year +10 /20 Eur
    (the college love to squeeze every euro out of there students )

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

First year here.I am just wondering do you bring your bag into the exam or just your biros and ruler??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

galwayu wrote: »
    First year here.I am just wondering do you bring your bag into the exam or just your biros and ruler??

Depending on the exam centre you would be asked to leave your bag either at the back of the room, or outside the door (in the PESH building sports hall there's a room outside the halll where you can leave your stuff.

If you want to bring in your purse/wallet of whatever you can, you just have to leave it on the ground, under your desk. Same with your pencil case, phone and calculator cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I'm pretty much ready. I'm a first year and i'm surprisingly relaxed for some reason! I had assignments that are part of my christmas exams so a lot of stress is gone. Have my id card ready and a few pens, so should be sorted. Best of luck to you all.

Exams starting tomorrow.

home-alone.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

You 3rd year business students have a handy enough timetable. :cool:

cson wrote: »
    You 3rd year business students have a handy enough timetable. :cool:

Tomorrow at 4, Wednesday at 12.30 and Saturday 18th at 4 :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Better than the 1st year, I've accounting tomorrow at 12 30, economics tuesday at 9, Management wednesday at 4 00 and BIM at 4 00 as well. Then have to wait a week for Jap :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

2nd year Bus + French, handy timetable. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

mayo_lad wrote: »
    The repeat exams last year cost Eur 171 per exam so expect it to be around that this year +10 /20 Eur
    (the college love to squeeze every euro out of there students )

Okay, cool. Is there any scenario where if you fail something you can't do semester 2?

gloryutd wrote: »
    Okay, cool. Is there any scenario where if you fail something you can't do semester 2?

i think if yo get a f in more than 2 exams in semester 1 you do not proceed to semester 2 as you would have to repeat the whole year i am not sure on this issue so you might be better asking the question in the education officers thread on this board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

i have the memory of a gold fish....no way will i remeber specific acts and cases...let alone what happened in them...im such a hopeless case....(no pun intended!!) :(

lallychops wrote: »
    i have the memory of a gold fish....no way will i remeber specific acts and cases...let alone what happened in them...im such a hopeless case....(no pun intended!!) :(

You don't need to know specifics for Law for the most part. All you need to know is part of the name, a brief overview of the facts and crucially the core principle.

e.g. For Contract Law just state "in Carlill v Carbolic Smokeball Company..." or simply "In the Carbolic Smokeball Company case..."

The main thing is you show why the case is important; demonstrate how the principle worked and apply it to the question asked. Its far more important to demonstrate that you understand the principle of law rather than know by rote the facts of the case.

You don't need to know specifics for Law for the most part. All you need to know is part of the name, a brief overview of the facts and crucially the core principle.

e.g. For Contract Law just state "in Carlill v Carbolic Smokeball Company..." or simply "In the Carbolic Smokeball Company case..."

The main thing is you show why the case is important; demonstrate how the principle worked and apply it to the question asked. Its far more important to demonstrate that you understand the principle of law rather than know by rote the facts of the case.

thanks. feel somewhat better....just have to do it by association i guess. cant be too difficult to pass them at least..have been to all lectures and tutorials anyway so its gotta count for something!

THE BALANCE SHEET WORKED OUT!!!!!!!!!

The rest of it was a load of ****e, though. :o

Ah well, one down, 2 to go :)

Lol @ FIA; It was Southern PLC for us last year and I heard it was Northern PLC this year :pac:

Lol @ FIA; It was Southern PLC for us last year and I heard it was Northern PLC this year :pac:

It was Northern plc at the top, but the instructions at the bottom was Southern plc.

Phillip corrected the error about 10 minutes in though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

i am not sure on this issue so you might be better asking the question in the education officers thread on this board

Orrrrrr, you could stop giving false/unreliable information and send people straight to Aoife!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

Where is this room C1058-62???

galwayu wrote: »
    Where is this room C1058-62???

it is in the main building beside the Charles parsons lecture hall and red rasions . they are a set of small tutorial rooms which are grouped for exam purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stupid question, can ya leave the exam early if finished early (like the leaving cert..)

Stupid question, can ya leave the exam early if finished early (like the leaving cert..)

short answer yes

long answer you can leave the exam hall after 30 minutes of an exam has started untill 10 minutes before the exam ends

if there are two locations listed for your exam...which do u go to? very confused...sports hall listed aswell as main building...no idea which to go to and dont want to have to rush to either!!

lallychops wrote: »
    if there are two locations listed for your exam...which do u go to? very confused...sports hall listed aswell as main building...no idea which to go to and dont want to have to rush to either!!

you should ask aoife about this ether in her thread in this board or by email sueducation@ul.ie here

you should ask aoife about this ether in her thread in this board or by email sueducation@ul.ie here

thanks. appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Or you should have read the note on the timetable posted on the website telling people that there is a sheet outside the Student Academic Administration with the list of locations for each split module and which one you are to attend, it's split up alphabetically.

Slugs wrote: »
    Or you should have read the note on the timetable posted on the website telling people that there is a sheet outside the Student Academic Administration with the list of locations for each split module and which one you are to attend, it's split up alphabetically.

circmstances didnt allow for that. im snowed in up a mountain....have been for the past week or so....i guessed it was alphabetical....wanted to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Science Math 1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

enough said

Advertisement