Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Megathread Autumn Semester 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Irish History tomorrow:( Thinking i may die during it am screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Science Math 1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

enough said

Aw, I had that last year. We had a different lecturer though. Such an amazing man. I *actually* fell in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Aw, I had that last year. We had a different lecturer though. Such an amazing man. I *actually* fell in love.

Paddy..... What a hero.... and legend for that matter!!

Toby_2010 wrote: »
    Paddy..... What a hero.... and legend for that matter!!

You know what'd make him perfect? If he told maths jokes.

Haha, he's the only lecturer who I've ever emailed that's put a smiley face in the reply hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Irish History tomorrow:( Thinking i may die during it am screwed!

You're not the only one, I'm after pulling an all-nigher but I didn't go the last lectures or tutorials so I've just taken a completely uneducated guess as to what's going to come up and studied that. So if I don't get lucky I'll probably be leaving after the half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Found the Irish one handy enough, though I wish I did more study. Gotten a bit complacent this year.

Did the one on population growth and the Irish republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Found the Irish one handy enough, though I wish I did more study. Gotten a bit complacent this year.

Did the one on population growth and the Irish republic.

I did the same, liked the population growth one but I didn't really know much about the chances of becoming a republic in the 1840s so I focused on the 1790s for the second one.

I can't really complain though, it could've gone a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

2 Down 2 to go, and it is the two easiest left :D

Bring your worst Benilov!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Treetirty wrote: »
    I didn't really know much about the chances of becoming a republic in the 1840s so I focused on the 1790s for the second one.
    That's the same as what I did actually. I rambled on for ages about failed French aid and the rising for 1790s and just said they ran out of potatoes or something for 1840s :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Hahaha exact same with the republic question like 5 pages on wolfe tone etc...and then like half a paragraph on 1840 republic....as for my second essay :( terrible just about a page...but here's hoping Logan marks it easy!

• Advertisement

I want to punch Organic Chemistry in the face :(

But I just gotta get Monday over and done with and I NEVER have to do chemistry again!! If...I pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mia A

im a first yr, does any1 know if PS4031 has negative marking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I have 2 exams this week, sociology on Tuesday and History on friday. The end is in sight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

Mia A wrote: »
    im a first yr, does any1 know if PS4031 has negative marking ?
    I got an e-mail back from Lauren just now: "Nope."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

One more exam, Marketing Intelligence on Saturday at 4. >.<

I went to bed last night deciding "Right, I'll go to the library first thing in the morning, and take out some books or whatever for extra research"

A couple of Louis Theroux documentaries later, I has a restless night (possibly not a result of the documentaries) and woke up at 9.30.

Yeah....I'm not coming in today :o

Internet research it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xXxsnugglesxXx

I have marketing intelligence aswell and im starting to panic about it! I have no idea how to even attempt to study it! Are you just using the lecture notes and looking up the readings he gave us? I at least though he would give us some hints seeing as its worth 100%.....:mad:

I have marketing intelligence aswell and im starting to panic about it! I have no idea how to even attempt to study it! Are you just using the lecture notes and looking up the readings he gave us? I at least though he would give us some hints seeing as its worth 100%.....:mad:

Well with the readings I'm pretty much looknig at other sources, ie. Google search, because most of those links have to be paid for :rolleyes:
    And then I'm going through the lecture notes, and writing them out in a more condensed form.

I'll go to the library tomorrow to see if there's anything else there.
    Just looking at last year's paper, the questions seem to be pretty specific, eg "Critically discuss how marketers can use social media in gathering marketing intelligence"
    And we only have to write around 2 pages on each, so I'd say it won't be too bad. But I don't really know what to expect with him :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

two more left, tort and public law....thank fck its only a 50% exam for tort, the way the lecturer teaches is a joke!!!!!!!!!

public law more worried about, lec really gave nothing away and its a very wide range of topics to learn:(

My Animal Diversity exam went EPICLY today!! This is a total boost, I've come out of every other exam close to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ugh wipeout qca destroyer today. I'll try take solace in my Dad's advice that no matter how bad you do there'll always be someone worse than you. I'll be pushing whoever that is very close this time I'm afraid. :(

• Advertisement

Couldn't sleep monday night only got 3 hours sleep and had my sociology exam at 9am. Think i got on well enough and hopefully i won't be re-sitting in August. Only have history Friday, hope it goes well then into limerick to finish the xmas shopping. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

cson wrote: »
    Ugh wipeout qca destroyer today. I'll try take solace in my Dad's advice that no matter how bad you do there'll always be someone worse than you. I'll be pushing whoever that is very close this time I'm afraid. :(

Theres always at least 1 QCA killer per semester.

Hopefully it's not as bad as you think cson.

Best of luck :Dicon14.gif

Finished since yesterday, don't know how i did, all i'd hope is that i've no resits in August. Assignments and stuff went well so hopefully fingers crossed. My favourite lecturer has probably been Neil Robinson. Funny lad and a bit of a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

thank god its over

Marketing Intelligence - Don't ask. :(

Ah well, feck it. IT'S OVEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :D

What's the difference between an F and a compensatory fail? Does a compensatory fail mean you can appeal the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

If your QCA is over 2.0 and you get a com fail, you dont have to repeat that module.

Thanks hope i won't have to worry about it when we get the results back

Not looking forward to the results, they may have gone fine but as a first year i don't know what to expect, i did well in assignments prior to that but not sure that's a good indicator. Hope i do get a good qca result so not as to repeat.

• Advertisement

*puts fingers in ears and tries to block out all exam results talk*

LALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!

Advertisement