Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Megathread Autumn Semester 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have an awful feeling I failed organic chemistry :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

When are they out?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Funkstard wrote: »
    When are they out?

I think it's January 20th which is 2 weeks today!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

Hey guys, newbie to UL here.... where will the results actually be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Sorry thought you said when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Go to the UL site
    Go to "Current Students"
    Go to "Student Records"
    Enter login details (student no, 4 digit pin, DOB)

Closer to the date there should be a link with "view my results" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Treetirty wrote: »
    I think it's January 20th which is 2 weeks today!

Ah jesus...absolutely bricking it..they actually matter now!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Out of my subjects, judging by my exams
    politics- should pass ( Note the word should)
    sociology- should pass
    geography- Think i did enough
    History- Borderline ( knew the things in exam so hopefully might be ok)
    Academic writing- Not sure, did everything asked reports,assignments, attended most tutorials bar two and did what i could for the group presentation. I was let down by to of my group, who dropped out but didn't even say anything till i asked the. Borderline again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heather__Honey

Hmmm where do we get this 4 digit pin to check results??:confused:

Let me think.

BIM - Should be ok. All course based, and I'm kind of ok with the Excel stuff.
    FIA - Ehhh. I was a little all over the place in the exam, really. Although my Balance Sheet did work out :) that's a good 20% guaranteed, anyway.
    Marketing Intelligence - Like FIA, I was all over the shop. Got a little panicked, so started warbling a little. I don't know, to be honest. I'm not confident though :(
    Marketing Comm. - All resting on that project. The mide term was a disaster, so hopefully it will be a good mark to make up for it.
    Management thingy - (I've actually forgotten the name of the module :o) Neh, dunno really. This is actually the one module I have every semester that seems...filler. Just bul****ty and blech.

Overall, I'm not confident :(

EDIT - INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT! That was it!

• Advertisement

Is it a good sign if ul hasn't sent you a letter yet? Not familiar with it but people i know who go to ul used to dread when they get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

mulner92 wrote: »
    Is it a good sign if ul hasn't sent you a letter yet? Not familiar with it but people i know who go to ul used to dread when they get them.

If they come, it'll be in wednesdays post. Have an awful feeling I've one on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    If they come, it'll be in wednesdays post. Have an awful feeling I've one on the way.

Is it just a letter saying you've failed a module basically?

Hope not to get one myself, really want to get off to a good start although one of mates a few years ahead of me said he got a compensatory fail in one of his modules but because he had a good qca he didn't have to repeat, i really don't want to have anything to repeat :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Is it just a letter saying you've failed a module basically?

i'm fairly certain you don't get that letter until spring results-i failed a module 2 years ago and didn't get anything but a bloody shock to the system when the results came :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

Do these letters give you all your results?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Do these letters give you all your results?

No, letters are only for modules you have failed. Results will be posted online on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

A wee bit alarming but student records now says results won't be available until the 24th. Was looking forward to seeing all those A's on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Could be just a typo...

Either way I'll still be logging in on Thursday, as will a lot of other people I'd say, just in case they are released as normal.

Really hope that isn't the case, only add a few more days of misery, yeah hope its only a typo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

do the results come out at 8am?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

Anyone know of anyone that got a letter today?
    Whats this 20th/24th malarky? it has to be 20th shur we back on monday so they cant give us the results that day...i hope!!!
    Heard a rumour that no letters were sent before the results this year...hope its not true :(

4th Year is a pain :(

Fair tense now, don't know what to expect. No, i don't know anyone who got one, but i don't know many going there. I didn't and i was dreading it for the last week or so. Mightn't make any difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

its always been advertised that the results will be out on the 24th this time around

apparently however that only means that that is when the full student transcripts will be back online and that you will be able to see your results tomorrow

i cant confirm this or not though

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Don't turn this on me for making it up cause i'm not , but i know a girl that got a letter today she failed one. but out of all the people i know in UL shes the only one to get a letter? why? i don't know , shes going abroad for this semester so that cud be why...

But god im Sh!ting Bricks !!!!!!!!!

In the exam hall it said the 20th and on the academic calander it says the 20th too so id say we are getting results 2mro but won't be able to view the full transcript until monday...thats my view on it anyway :)

Oh i dont know what to think about this whole letter thing..sounds like only a couple people got it...last year everyone that failed got it the day before but don't know if its same this year by sounds of it...

You usually only get a letter if you fail one so maybe the rest of the people you know passed...hmmm i dunno though...none of my friends got one either!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

bobsxx wrote: »

You usually only get a letter if you fail one so maybe the rest of the people you know passed...hmmm i dunno though...none of my friends got one either!

God that would be a relief. I got the letter last year but can't for the life or me remeber which semester it was ! guess we will just have to wait as see till tomorrow !

-Kenny- wrote: »
    God that would be a relief. I got the letter last year but can't for the life or me remeber which semester it was ! guess we will just have to wait as see till tomorrow !

Ya they def only send letters to people who have failed one or more...lets hope thats the case this year too...good luck everyone :p

Yeah good luck to everyone. Hope it doesn't go too bad, think i did enough but you never know, didn't get letter so we live in hope!

• Advertisement

I'm in Dublin on Co-op, so if there is a DREADED ENVELOPE OF DEATH from UL on the kitchen table in Limerick I am toast :(

Advertisement