Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parrot MKi9000/9100/9200 Carkits

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on here have any experience with any of these kits?

My understanding is that they bypass the cars inbuilt amplifier and use their own one, how do they sound?

Is there any difference between each of these kits other than the size of the display?

I've read on a few fourms that they seem to have reliability issues is there any truth to this?

Any feed back from anyone with first hand experience with these would be great. I have a basic Parrot BT handsfree kit in my car at the moment and from a phone call perspective it's perfect, never any issues connecting my iPhone 4 to it so I'm thinking of upgrading to the MKi9100 (I don't want a big display in the car if i can avoid it).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I have the MKi9200, and I find it quite good. I got it for the ipod connection as my cars head unit is integrated and does not have an aux in.
    The quality of the sound is good, I have no complaints about feedback. The only gripe I have which is a small one ,is the time from startup when the ipod starts playing is a little lone, about 10 seconds. but I can easily live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I have a few MKI 9200`s op. I find them fantastic. The screen is not huge. Its actually very small more than half that of a sat nav imo. They have a built in amp which gives a great sound to your music.

The ipod connection is fantastic for the music. No more CD`S rattling in the car. There is no reliablity issues only for newer phones which Parrot supply a software update from there website so you can upload it via usb.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I have a 9200 too and find it great. Haven't updated the software in a good year or so and am having problems with an iPhone when I plug it in. Sound is very crackly. Works perfectly via Bluetooth though.

Can't really fault it otherwise. Bigger screen is a bonus when on the move too for quick glances. It's not that big anyway to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

I have a MKI9200 for about 9 months now. I find it great with the remote control and screen with my iPhone 4. No need for CDs anymore as I have my ipod connected in the glove box and I have complete control of it from the remote control and screen. Voice calls are prefect, no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I realise this is an old thread but I thought I'd resurrect it; has anyone used one of these with a Nokia N8? I'm looking at buying one but knowing the software issues with this phone I'd be worried that I wouldn't get half the functionality, particularly when playing music using bluetooth.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

rickyjb wrote: »
    I realise this is an old thread but I thought I'd resurrect it; has anyone used one of these with a Nokia N8? I'm looking at buying one but knowing the software issues with this phone I'd be worried that I wouldn't get half the functionality, particularly when playing music using bluetooth.

Thanks
    http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/onlinehelpguides/parrot-mki9200/compatibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

futurec wrote: »

Thanks, it does seem to get full support for skipping songs etc. If anyone has any direct experience that would be great though?

Advertisement