If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV equipment to go with Panasonic P42G20B

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Looking for an amp and speakers to go with my Panasonic P42G20B. Thinking of just stereo speakers as it's a smallish living room in a terraced house and also want to play music through my PS2. Will upgrade to Blu-Ray next year. Looking at a budget of around £400, what do you recommend? Also do you accept One4All Vouchers?

TIA

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Laker04 wrote: »
    Looking for an amp and speakers to go with my Panasonic P42G20B. Thinking of just stereo speakers as it's a smallish living room in a terraced house and also want to play music through my PS2. Will upgrade to Blu-Ray next year. Looking at a budget of around £400, what do you recommend? Also do you accept One4All Vouchers?

TIA

Tia,

we only take one for all vouchers on Audio product (so you will be okay!) as our margins are just too tight on TV to take One4all's.

If it was me I would go for something like Denon AVR1311/Boston XS 5.1 Boardies £469.99 - this really is an excellent system, at a huge discount and the Boston's really sound super and really would be excellent if space was a bit limited - they also come with excellent brackets included in the price.

remember to include for any other cables (such as HDMI/Speaker cables) you may need - give us a shout if you have any queries or if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laker04

Thanks for that John, I did have a look at your best offers thread but I don't watch enough 5.1 material to justify them atm. Also will be moving gaff in the next while so don't wanna spend time disappearing cables only to have to root them out again. Much prefer wooden surrounds as well which is why I was thinking of going the stereo speakers route. Any other recommendations?

Thanks for that John, I did have a look at your best offers thread but I don't watch enough 5.1 material to justify them atm. Also will be moving gaff in the next while so don't wanna spend time disappearing cables only to have to root them out again. Much prefer wooden surrounds as well which is why I was thinking of going the stereo speakers route. Any other recommendations?

Laker,

apologies I should have looked at your 1st post properly - I missed the Stereo speaker reference!

To be honest I frequently recommend a decent stereo system for Customers who want a decent quality system as the audio quality of most stereo amps is far superior to their 5.1 siblings at similar pricing.

If you wanted a decent Amp I would recommend the Marantz PM5003 with the Boston BACS 26 (not wooden jobbies though!) at a system price of £249.95 - if you wanted to go the 'woody' route you could add the excellent Monitor Audio BX1 to the PM5003 for a total of just £289.95.

Keep me posted if any of these are interesting for you or if I need to get back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for that. Prefer the Monitor Audio BX1 but they will be positioned up against wall so the Monitor Audio BX2 would actually suit better. They will be beside telly (presume they are magnetically shielded) so will need speaker stands as well. Can you do me a price for the BX2, amp, stands, speaker cabling (1.5m for each speaker should suffice) and delivery to Dublin (can pick up in Phillips store)?

Have also been looking at your floorstanders and see you have the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 6 on special. Can you also do me up a price for that in Walnut with amp, speaker cable and delivery?

Many Thanks,
    Laker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Laker.

Unfortunately the excellent BR6's are only available brand new in cherry, but we do have our display ones in the Walnut.

The BX2's with the amp, soundstyle Z2 stands and cable, with delivery either to the house or the Philips shop would come in at £410.00

We could the display pair of BR6's with the same bits for £459.99 but without the stands as you won't need the stands.

Let me know what you think or if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

Very interested in the display BR6's, will you have a look and see if there's any marks or scratches on them? Also now looking at a multiple CD player as well so reevaluating what amp to get, will get back to you on Mon about that.

Laker.

Hi Folks,

Very interested in the display BR6's, will you have a look and see if there's any marks or scratches on them? Also now looking at a multiple CD player as well so reevaluating what amp to get, will get back to you on Mon about that.

Laker.

Lake,

that's amazing I just asked the guys to check the condition of those BR6's for another Customer - they say they have the grilles and are in good condition with only very minor marks/scuffs.

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi folks,

Had to scrap the multiple CD player as it wouldn't fit into my cabinet so gonna go with the Marantz CD5003 CD Player to go with the Marantz PM5003 Stereo Amplifier that you recommended (both in black) and the display pair of the BR6's in Walnut. Can you do up a pricing for them along with 2m of speaker cable for each speaker and a cable to connect my audio outs on the TV to the amp (x2 if there is no cable included with the CD Player)?

Also do you have remote control surge protectors that I can use to switch on/off individual appliances when needed like this one? http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10549077&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=masterplug+surge&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1291648389314&isSearch=true

Finally I see you have protective cases for the iPhone 3GS on special, do you have similar for the Samsung Galaxy S's by any chance?

Many thanks,
    Laker

Hi folks,

Had to scrap the multiple CD player as it wouldn't fit into my cabinet so gonna go with the Marantz CD5003 CD Player to go with the Marantz PM5003 Stereo Amplifier that you recommended (both in black) and the display pair of the BR6's in Walnut. Can you do up a pricing for them along with 2m of speaker cable for each speaker and a cable to connect my audio outs on the TV to the amp (x2 if there is no cable included with the CD Player)?

Also do you have remote control surge protectors that I can use to switch on/off individual appliances when needed like this one? http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10549077&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=masterplug+surge&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1291648389314&isSearch=true

Finally I see you have protective cases for the iPhone 3GS on special, do you have similar for the Samsung Galaxy S's by any chance?

Many thanks,
    Laker

Laker,

apologies (again) for keeping you waiting.

OK here goes
    1. Marantz PM5003 Amplifier
    2. Marantz CD5004 (we are sold out of the CD5003!)
    3. Monitor Audio BR6 Walnut (Demo pair in Walnut)
    4. Philips Cable SWA3523 Premium Phono cable 3 Mtr
    5. Cambridge Symphony 100 cable * 4 mtrs

I can do this at just £569.95 (that's not far off 1/2 original retail!)

On the mains remote surge protectors - unfortunately we don't stock any remote jobbies but we do have a cracking Boardie offer on really high quality 8 or 10 way surge protectors at really silly money (see here for details)

Keep me posted if we can assist & again apologies for the dealy getting back to you,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Delighted with that, more than happy to take you up on it, what's a good number to reach you on from the Republic?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Laker04.

Thanks for the order.

We will get it dispatched out to you tomorrow and it should arrive with you then on Firday of this week, weather permitting :(

Any further questions or queries please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Tia,

we only take one for all vouchers on Audio product (so you will be okay!) as our margins are just too tight on TV to take One4all's.
    Sorry for resurecting this thread, but just wanted to ask if this is still the case?
    Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.