Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size Guide

• 29-11-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.urbanpup.ie/design.asp?PT_ID=73&P_ID=1060

Hey I was hoping someone could have a look at the size guide here. If you look at the "choose size" area, beside it to the right is a Dog Size Guide. The XL breeds include a wesite and a spaniel.

I was hoping to get one for my fella (lab x staff) but if the largest size would fit a westie, it's hardly going to go near him. I know I could measure, but I don't have a tape.

Would anyone know of similar where I could order somthing to fit him, where L and XL sizes are for L and XL breeds. For for a reasonable price.

Poor fella really feels the cold, even in the house it seems, so wanted to get him something to keep him cosy over the winter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have a springer size dog and he's 16 1/12 inches long(exact same as his height), so wouldn't think the largest size would fit your fella(am I right in thinking its harley?), he looks quite broad in any pic's I've seen.

Are you handy with a needle and thread? or have a friend or family member that is?
    I know someone who buys those cheap fleece blankets and cuts them into an oval shape, cuts an o in the middle at one end (for the head) and a slit with buttons to fasten, and cuts a strip for under the belly and sews it on, with velcro on the end.

Hard to explain but if he's patient you can try it on as you go along, and make it fit. Actually looks better than you'd think, she decorates them too, her dachshund has more jumpers than me!

Or you could knit him a jumper, I know staffies really feel the cold, bet he's freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Great idea, I just googled and found a few patterns. I've never knitted or sewed before but I'll give it a shot.

Yes he's freezing, once he stops running around. He's taken to sleeping with his head on the fire surround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Whispered wrote: »
    . He's taken to sleeping with his head on the fire surround.

Haha I know exactly what that looks like times 3. Our 3 Jacks feel the cold and climb on top of each other to get close enough to the fire :D

The Springer hates the heat though and he likes to lie by the doors acting as a great draught excluder :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The coat my Westie has is 35cm the same as the 'large' size on that website. It's actually too short for her now and I can just about get her head through the hole as it's one with a splash guard.

Would this be big enough? Looks to have a good wide neck as well but obviously thats a small size.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/red-jumper-by-pets-at-home-47333

<ETA> They also have football jerseys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luvdogs

hi, have a look at this link...hope it works ;)

http://www.equafleece.co.uk/store/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement